• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

gas tank sender wire routing

vsj100

Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for your help as always!
The blue wire goes to the gas tank sender. How does this wire route through the trunk? Does it drop down at the rear with the license light or does it go through the trunk floor more by the front of the gas tank?
That is my question -

oops - 1968 Coronet 500

It comes up out of the harness by itself and goes through a grommeted hole at the front of the depressed center area of the trunk floor.

It comes up out of the harness by itself and goes through a grommeted hole at the front of the depressed center area of the trunk floor.
Thanks. Like under the spare tire?

No, rearward of it, approximately centered in the floor - you'll see the hole, maybe 1" diameter.

Last question - There is a ground strap on the tank and mine is quite short - like 4 inches. How long should it be and where did Mopar ground it? Thanks as always.

Last question - There is a ground strap on the tank and mine is quite short - like 4 inches. How long should it be and where did Mopar ground it? Thanks as always.
Its on the nipple off the sender and goes to the steel line.

You referring to the fuel line strap ? It goes from hard line to hard line, to bypass the rubber hose

Its on the nipple off the sender and goes to the steel line.
1694557172865.png

Auto Transport Service
Back