• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gasoline. Do you price shop or just buy where it is close?

There is a tank farm here, 80 miles from the refinery. Gas is always higher than the rest of the State and they claim it is because the pipeline deadheads at the tank farm and the next closest spigot is over 200 miles away.

Truckers use what looks like a credit card and the system custom blends additives to the gasoline that is all the same coming out of the tanks. They have cards from a number of vendors, each with their own blend.

Yes to my knowledge all the fuel here comes over the hill
From California In a pipeline.
Usually we are a few cents cheaper but now it’s about the same.
The prices are noticeable less in Carson city, Fallon or Fernely. But it’s farther for the fuel to be delivered lol
Yep you are correct as Reno's fuel comes from Commiefornia. So there isn't a price differential between there and here. On the rare occasions I travel over to Fallon to the NAS for banking as there are no branches for NFCU here in Reno...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

I wish I could attach a letter someone sent me - From the CEO of Valero (The huge refining company) to the CA legislature. This letter lays out all the underhanded behind the scenes **** CA does to the oil companies to force them into driving the prices up to these $6.50. A gallon prices - things they've done for years. Incredibly revealing letter calling them out. Anyone that's wants to know whats been and is going on pm me your email address and I'll send it to you. Only a crooked govt could get away with all this **** they're doing in Sacramento. One tidbit is Valero says due to this litany of all Sacto is doing causes the cost of doing business for them to be the highest in the world, let alone the country when it doesn't need to be that way.

Hmmm where do you think the money's going?

Yep you are correct as Reno's fuel comes from Commiefornia. So there isn't a price differential between there and here. On the rare occasions I travel over to Fallon to the NAS for banking as there are no branches for NFCU here in Reno...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:
The fact that it is cheaper in Fallon or Carson city says something.

I wish I could attach a letter someone sent me - From the CEO of Valero (The huge refining company) to the CA legislature. This letter lays out all the underhanded behind the scenes **** CA does to the oil companies to force them into driving the prices up to these $6.50. A gallon prices - things they've done for years. Incredibly revealing letter calling them out. Anyone that's wants to know whats been and is going on pm me your email address and I'll send it to you. Only a crooked govt could get away with all this **** they're doing in Sacramento. One tidbit is Valero says due to this litany of all Sacto is doing causes the cost of doing business for them to be the highest in the world, let alone the country when it doesn't need to be that way.

Hmmm where do you think the money's going?
Can you cut and paste it here?

Sam's is close and usually the cheapest in town.
GasBuddy.com can be your friend.
We have an app called Gaspy that does much the same. I travel about 5 miles to save around 15 cents per litre.....that adds up fast, and definitely makes the trip worthwhile since I take extra bottles to fill on discount days.

Can you cut and paste it here?

This is the only way I could figure out how to put it up - screen shots. Every other way didn't seem to work. This is the whole text - only thing missing is the Valero logo at the top of the letter. This is an Oct 3, 2022 dated letter.
94AE05C1-4F2F-4F7C-9CF2-4E4FEE0A1253.png
CC09D056-4B3C-4ABC-B803-713B6F7E4902.png

I’d have to travel to save a few cents here so I don’t. While traveling in the modern car, we wait till we see some lower prices then fill. With the 69, jockeying to the pump is a factor with the fill being under the license plate and short hoses. Saw the high 2’s, 93 Sunoco, and Ethanol free while road tripping the Southeastern USA. None of that in these parts.
Yeah the short **** hoses are annoying with a rear-bumper filler!
I don't think my cars would know how to act with non-ethanol.

This is the only way I could figure out how to put it up - screen shots. Every other way didn't seem to work. This is the whole text - only thing missing is the Valero logo at the top of the letter. This is an Oct 3, 2022 dated letter.
View attachment 1365910View attachment 1365911
Thank you for that. It states many things that I have read and heard from the few unbiased media sources.
The regulators stack the deck against the producers, then blame the producers for price gouging when they don't meet the demand.

Thank you for that. It states many things that I have read and heard from the few unbiased media sources.
The regulators stack the deck against the producers, then blame the producers for price gouging when they don't meet the demand.
Yes of course - And they also continuously and publicly say it's "the greedy oil companies that are the problem" And so many fools believe them because it's easy to do. The other question is where are all these tax and fee dollars going? Doesn't make me wonder - it just validates what we all should know - it's called "lined pockets". This state is run like La Cosa Nostra - No question

Don't mean to sidetrack (but I'm gonna anyway! Lol)
How about the deposit on soda bottles and cans? 5 cents a can, and 10cents on a bottle. RECYCLE,RECYCLE, RECYCLE is cried cause its good for the environment. Okay, tell me where to get ALL the money I put out back!! The recyclers pay about a penny apiece for cans and 1/2 cent apiece for the bottles. Some f@#ker somewhere is getting rich in the california government. Don't even mention the 10 cents they charge for a grocery bag ( that probably costs one tenth of a cent).
Corrupt doesn't even BEGIN to describe this state!

I noticed that this weekend. We drove from Sac to Meridian, ID. and I figured I'd fill up once we crossed the NV border. The gas was higher in Reno than what I pay at Costco!
It's not until Fernley that the price drops; wound up filling up in Winnemuca.

I still am waiting for someone to explain how paying 50 or 60 cents more a gallon at a "Chevron-Shell-Mobil is a sensible move.
They sell 'Top-Tier' gas. Costco also sells top-tier rated gas for $.60+ less per gallon. I try to fill up at Costco as often as possible, but it has to be on the way to work or first thing on the weekends otherwise they're too busy.

They sell 'Top-Tier' gas. Costco also sells top-tier rated gas for $.60+ less per gallon. I try to fill up at Costco as often as possible, but it has to be on the way to work or first thing on the weekends otherwise they're too busy.
I understand that they "claim" that their gas is better but I have yet to notice any difference.

I understand that they "claim" that their gas is better but I have yet to notice any difference.
I agree there's no noticeable difference. Supposedly there's cleansing additives but that's for fuel injectors; probably no impact on carbs.

Don't mean to sidetrack (but I'm gonna anyway! Lol)
How about the deposit on soda bottles and cans? 5 cents a can, and 10cents on a bottle. RECYCLE,RECYCLE, RECYCLE is cried cause its good for the environment. Okay, tell me where to get ALL the money I put out back!! The recyclers pay about a penny apiece for cans and 1/2 cent apiece for the bottles. Some f@#ker somewhere is getting rich in the california government. Don't even mention the 10 cents they charge for a grocery bag ( that probably costs one tenth of a cent).
Corrupt doesn't even BEGIN to describe this state!

Here in Taxachusetts, if you don’t return your deposit cans, to get YOUR money back, the state gets that money.

Here in Taxachusetts, if you don’t return your deposit cans, to get YOUR money back, the state gets that money.
We pay a nickel and get a nickle when you turn them back in. It is a pain though and a lot of stores won't accept returns because of the mess and labor involved. . It's better than all the litter and if there is any laying around someone will pick them up to cash them in.

Auto Transport Service
Back