• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gass Monkey

now I don't know a thing about auctions, never even been to one. But why would Gas Monkey time after time sell with no reserve? you have to at least cover your expenses. If it doesn't sell, you try again another day.

Like the 75 Charger he bought when he was drunk? There was a car that could have been done cool

The Chevrolet stuff is all cheap junk. Their a dime a dozen. Nothing unique about their product. They don't stand out in a crowd like a Mopar ever does.

Its they're and pahlease...LOL Chevy made/makes some of the most iconic cars of the road. So did Mopar at one time as well as Ford. I'd take a 57 BelAir over anything on the road today except a Super Bird, Charger Daytona or 68 Charger

I almost bought a 57 chev....:no:
("you seen one.......")
I am so happy I did not purchase it.
I almost made a huge mistake.

I rather have a '62 2door post plymouth belv', savoy, or a '62 or '63 dodge B body for an icon (work of art) car.

I watch it.....Reality TV, it's heavily scripted......Its entertainment period.......

These guys are a bunch of idiots. They bought a 59 nash ( they said hudson but it was a nash ) and told the people that anything over $1200 they would give back to them, well they sold it on line for $2950, just goes to show how stupid they are. If you want to watch a neat show watch car warriers alot better. I watch this show for laughs

Do the home work on that statement. That could have been a Hudson. Hudson made Metros also and they looked identicle except a few chrome pieces. I had a Hudson Metro 40 years ago and I honestly thought that the hood ornament on that car was a Hudson. Check it out !

1005593_401826136595156_1556243568_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

1016382_402591943185242_1822294720_n.jpg

I actually quite like the show. Think those 2 guys are funny and work well together. Like a hairy double act.
But the real star of the show has to be Sue. The Chinese lady they use to do their upholstery. She cracks me up.

I like the show too. doesn't have the Boyd Coddington/OCC drama...we got #@@#$%$#$@#!!!! 3 hours to get this #$#@@#!!! car/bike to auction. I like that their sucess/failures are shown. Don't agree with all their builds, but we have that in real life. Sue is a riot!

I was thinking the same thing, I don't remember them selling a car at auctions for what they expected. I think he's trying to build a following and get the bidders interested in his cars. I like the show, I remember the 67 Corvette 427 Tri-Power, It hurt to see that car not get a full resto. The F40 Ferrari came out nice and then his buddy gave him $100,000 + parts/labor for the car.
I'm curious if he would have lost money at auction.

I like watching Fast & Loud too, and for some of the same reasons some others have mentioned... especially that they don't make money on every car. I think the show really appeals to me because it flies in the face of all the snobbery that I think has been infecting this hobby, especially the Mopar side of it, for decades. When you're so freaking desperate to make your car out to be better than anybody else's because you're a "1 of 1" since your car has a certain color paint, interior, stereo option, and came with some customer-ordered $10 accessory... you need help. Seriously, you need help very badly.

The guy from Chasing Classic Cars is a snob and admits it. The guy from Graveyard Carz is a snob but won't admit it. In either case, they are snobs but they do what they do very well, which is glamorize the living crap out of every little aspect of a car. Count Danny isn't as bad with the snobbery, but he's still trying to market to a very high-end clientele. The Fast & Loud guys don't seem to much give a crap about whether anyone else likes what they are doing, and they just have a good time making cars the way they want to make them, which really appeals to me because that's the way I did my last Road Runner. I did cars the Carini way, and the Worman way, and the Koker way, plus I've known hundreds of fellow owners who've done their cars those ways, but I haven't had this much fun with a car since my first Road Runner back in 1979 when all I really cared about was going fast, loud, and cheap. I made that car for me, not for anyone else, which is what I did with my current car and I'm digging it. Like I told my P&B guy, this car only has to impress one person... me. :)

I would never make that Dodge truck that way, but I would never put chrome skins on a Fairmont drift car, or paint an old gasser bright green with a huge monkey face on it either, but I don't imagine they would ever make a Steelers Road Runner either. The guys at Gas Monkey aren't high-end collectors, or quality restorers, but they don't pretend to be either. They just want to make cool cars, and I'm into that.

Using chebby motors in a mopar is the most donkey act of all, I was working a job site once and the head of facility's kept talking about his 1948 Plymouth special deluxe that he had...finally got around to getting him to bring it in and the very first thing I see is a SB 350, I just looked at him and asked why he said that's what the guys who built put in there duhhh, felt like slapping the **** out of him and taking the keys and explaining to him that he is not worthy of possessing a car like this and on behalf of all mopars nuts everywhere we hear by repossess this crap so it can be restored properly!

Builders need to know that they can't just do that I say we gather up at each builders shop and beat the **** out of them and chastise them until they understand.:headbang: You don't have to be a purist to believe that resto of a mopar has to have a mopar motor. I mean **** wtf is wrong with a 318? a freaking great motor or a 340 even better, just seems to me that most of these shows other than Grave yard is clueless.

I like watching Fast & Loud too, and for some of the same reasons some others have mentioned... especially that they don't make money on every car. I think the show really appeals to me because it flies in the face of all the snobbery that I think has been infecting this hobby, especially the Mopar side of it, for decades. When you're so freaking desperate to make your car out to be better than anybody else's because you're a "1 of 1" since your car has a certain color paint, interior, stereo option, and came with some customer-ordered $10 accessory... you need help. Seriously, you need help very badly.
Completely agree! Same with clone/tribute cars, as long as it's done with good judgement, and portrayed/sold as such, what's the big deal. People seem to have a real nack for criticizing what OTHER people do with THEIR OWN money and choices, instead of just enjoying the hobby as a hobby. Not acting like those dumb broads who put their toddlers in beauty pageants, lol!

I like the show too. doesn't have the Boyd Coddington/OCC drama...we got #@@#$%$#$@#!!!! 3 hours to get this #$#@@#!!! car/bike to auction. I like that their sucess/failures are shown. Don't agree with all their builds, but we have that in real life. Sue is a riot!
Yep, no drama, plus they're pretty funny dudes. It's just a show, not actual "reality", and more fun than WCC/OCC, imo. Even if it's scripted, Sue is still a funny addition.

...his 1948 Plymouth special deluxe that he had...finally got around to getting him to bring it in and the very first thing I see is a SB 350, I just looked at him and asked why he said that's what the guys who built put in there duhhh, felt like slapping the **** out of him and taking the keys and explaining to him that he is not worthy of possessing a car like this and on behalf of all mopars nuts everywhere we hear by repossess this crap so it can be restored properly!
Did he purchase it ALREADY-BUILT like that, or actually HAD it built with an SBC and didn't even ask what motor they were gonna put in there for him?

ls1 is way cheaper than a new hemi..they need to put a new hemi in it if there going to invest that much money in it..

- - - Updated - - -

aaron and his guys are really good mechanics, i really like the show..its all about the cars and building them..no drama

Had it built with the 350, I couldn't believe it, even told me other friends with the deluxe give him **** about it. He had things like dakota digital gauges put in no big deal, had the original mole hair interior, hey awesome, even had the original paint with patina as the years had treated it. all no big deal but why not drop in a 318? turns out he is really a chevy guys whose parents had one of these and he wanted to relive his childhood. Hey all good just lose that 350 junk. It is easy to criticise someone else's work or build, but I never criticise cars that are built with the same manufacture motors putting chevys in fords and crap like that is good for the generic crowd I guess but not for me.

I will say this for those guy, and not a big fan of texas but they do have a good sense of humor about their show and most of the mechanical stuff is good. Not a huge fan of flipping but can see the money in it if it's done right.

Had it built with the 350, I couldn't believe it, even told me other friends with the deluxe give him **** about it. He had things like dakota digital gauges put in no big deal, had the original mole hair interior, hey awesome, even had the original paint with patina as the years had treated it. all no big deal but why not drop in a 318? turns out he is really a chevy guys whose parents had one of these and he wanted to relive his childhood. Hey all good just lose that 350 junk. It is easy to criticise someone else's work or build, but I never criticise cars that are built with the same manufacture motors putting chevys in fords and crap like that is good for the generic crowd I guess but not for me.

yep or a vintage 331ci 354ci 392ci Hemi, or a Poly 318ci or 325ci even, or any LA 318ci 340ci 360ci, or any Magnum 5.2-5.9ltr, or even a 5.7-6.4ltr Crate Hemi & I'm by far not a Chevy hatter either... BUT I just don't like them put in every-damn-thing, regardless of how inexpensive they are or how great they are touted... something's, just shouldn't be done... $0.02 cents

LOL you just don't get it.. Its not a sbc 350 and makes way more power than a 318 or 350 simple as that. Cam and headers and your making what a 440 makes from the factory in 1970. That's what its all about... cheap reliable modern power. That setup can be had for like 1500 from a junkyard with ecu and trans and be ready to run with no work what so ever... no tearing down or even have to unfreeze the motor.
Its quick simple and inexpensive and the be honest the most widely used platforms in bastardized cars.. All that is for a reason... But I get it, some of you would rather walk than drive anything but a mopar...LOL

LOL you just don't get it.. Its not a sbc 350 and makes way more power than a 318 or 350 simple as that. Cam and headers and your making what a 440 makes from the factory in 1970. That's what its all about... cheap reliable modern power

Actually I don't think you get it... Sometimes it just shouldn't be done Chevy Lover

- - - Updated - - -

It's not always about price or power

Actually I don't think you get it... Sometimes it just shouldn't be done Chevy Lover

- - - Updated - - -

It's not always about price or power

Actually with these guys and that truck it was all about the price. Would I restore a big dollar mopar with a chevy motor? no way in hell but that is no where close to a big dollar mopar... Its not like they took a 68 Charger and dropped a crate 454 into it.. thye took a piece of **** truck and made a runner out of it. End of story...LOL

And Bud I love a few cars and that's it. Chevy and Mopars...

yep or a vintage 331ci 354ci 392ci Hemi, or a Poly 318ci or 325ci even, or any LA 318ci 340ci 360ci, or any Magnum 5.2-5.9ltr, or even a 5.7-6.4ltr Crate Hemi & I'm by far not a Chevy hatter either... BUT I just don't like them put in every-damn-thing, regardless of how inexpensive they are or how great they are touted... something's, just shouldn't be done... $0.02 cents

Exactly! The kinds of things they do just shows they are ignorant of the stuff they work on. They probably didn't even know there were 426 Wedge-powered drag truck versions of that thing back in the day. If they did, they might have put a 440 dressed as a 426 Wedge in it and done it up that way. Having a little bit of knowledge and taste doesn't have to make someone a snob.

I just looked at him and asked why. He said that's what the guys who built it put in there, duhhh.

Had it built with the 350, I couldn't believe it, even told me other friends with the deluxe give him **** about it.
Ahhh, well that's different. So he let the builders do whatever the hell they wanted? If you're gonna spend the money, keep it all Mopar, imo. Or go modern Hemi if you want fuel-injection, year-round driveability & reliability, decent MPG, etc. Not sure why he let them talk him into it, except sheer cheapness and quick parts availability. But overall after the complete build, you would think the cost difference isn't that big a deal, if not the same. Is the convenience of having a million Chevy mechanics around really worth bastardizing a Mopar build? Not in my opinion.

I'm not a hot-rodder or know why this is even so common to put an SBC in every rod under the sun. It's weird to me. I understand when they put in Mustang brakes/suspension/steering, a hefty Ford 9" rear (for strength & racing in drag cars), etc., the usual non-Mopar changes, but I don't get the motor part. Actually come to think of it, why not do a 8 3/4 or Dana 60 instead of a Ford 9" too? Oh well, it's not my wallet, not my car, I guess live & let live, heh.

Auto Transport Service
Back