• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gear Vendors OD

Running it through the gears was fun, but the overdrive is what I was looking for and it was flawless.

Thanks for the testimony. I was thinking about an A518 OD tranny from the 90's , but I'd heard there may be some fitment issues inside the tunnel. I've been leaning toward the GV. Thanks guys.

I have been 9.50@143 with my GV OD on the back of a 727. It is only .78 to one but it’s still a nice reduction in RPM when cruising with traffic. I can run 80mph down the interstate all day long with my 3.73 rear gear in OD.

Thanks for the testimony. I was thinking about an A518 OD tranny from the 90's , but I'd heard there may be some fitment issues inside the tunnel. I've been leaning toward the GV. Thanks guys.
Yup, the OD unit requires some mods to the tunnel.....

Hon-O-drive is still around but only fit/kit for ford 9". wonder if you could fabricate something to hang behind trans.? Probably not worth the trouble.
http://honeodrive.com/

I have been 9.50@143 with my GV OD on the back of a 727. It is only .78 to one but it’s still a nice reduction in RPM when cruising with traffic. I can run 80mph down the interstate all day long with my 3.73 rear gear in OD.

What RPM are you turning at 80mph?

I heard these are good, thought about going to this unit
SMR Shorty 727 + GV OD Transmission
http://smrtrans.tripod.com/smrtransmissionsintro/id32.html
was like $3050 + the shorty trans case etc.
albeit that was a few years back

stock to easily 1200+Hp capable
That’s the version of GV OD that I have. I wouldn’t call it a true bolt in. At least mine wasn’t. I know of one other guy who sent his back for the longer version due all the installation issues.

That’s the version of GV OD that I have. I wouldn’t call it a true bolt in. At least mine wasn’t. I know of one other guy who sent his back for the longer version due all the installation issues.
:thumbsup:

:thankyou:

:luvplace:

They are different in a mopar than a GM. I always used Coan 350 turbos, takes less power to turn one than a 400 which means more power to the wheels and smaller. Unbolt the tail shaft and bolt it in it place. The further back the smaller the tunnel.

Auto Transport Service
Back