• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GEN ll HEMI ROCKER ARMS AND SHAFTS??

hashmaker

Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
What arms and shafts do you guys like when building an all aluminum 472. It sounds like we are going with a solid roller cam with .600 +- lift. The engine builder likes Indy rockers and shafts although he doesn't like their heads. We will be using Edelbrock heads with the proper springs. This is a street and once in a while strip car. While reading lots of info it seems rocker arms and shafts were least mentioned.

Thanks for your advice.

Stock setup, Stage V rockers or the Indy setup are all fine on a street strip car. With the aluminum block/head combo, you'll have to figure out the lash to avoid hanging a valve open when cold if you drive it in cold weather.

Indy stuff works fine. Stock stuff is heavy and crude. Never used Stage-V stuff. Hell, they never answered the phone, all the times I tried calling.

My Jesel stuff was jewelry. I can't afford that stuff, anymore.

jhbluh.jpg

6z2b9v.jpg

Last edited:
Indy stuff works fine. Stock stuff is heavy and crude. Never used Stage-V stuff. Hell, they never answered the phone, all the times I tried calling.
The stock stuff is heavy and crude and the ratios are kinda all over but they are indestructible. I've also used the RBRE stuff as well. If he's going all out and all aluminum and has the budget....might as well. The only one I haven't used is the Jesel setup. I currently have a set of Indy's and a set of RBRE's. No issues with either.

Thier stuff is the top of the heap. Isn't the HEMI set up only available from Barton?
You're thinking of T&D who makes the RBRE or used to anyway. I think Ray's exclusive agreement might be up as they advertise it all now.

Thanks everyone for the good info. Looks like there are some good options. What cautions are there for valve covers fitting or clearing?

yea... that's what scares me! That's why I was asking. thanks for the pics. Hopefully is does not come to hammer time.

Auto Transport Service
Back