• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen lll Hemi pricing

I know that you can make the stock harness work along with the ECM and BCM, others on here have done it. There is a guy on YouTube who has put older bodies over newer Challengers (he built a Daytona for himself, a 71 GTX for a client and is now doing a 68 Charger). He uses all of the stock Challenger stuff but I do not think he replaces many of the sensors like open door and such.

I am putting a G3 Hemi (5.7) into the 71 charger I am building and I went with a Holley Terminator X Max harness mainly bc it is essentially plug and play without the hassle of rewiring a factory harness and having the ECM flashed.

That guys is awesome! I've watched all his videos, he's very thorough with explaining everything he's doing and why. I appreciate all your guys feed back on this and I have spent quite a bit of time reading up on this on here and other places on the net. This project is very budget oriented, the car will be like a poor man's restomod in a sense. I think I will be patient and keep my eyes open for a lower mileage car and buy it complete to harvest every and anything I may need for the swap. I thought about doing a body swap like in the videos but it is alot of work and hours invested, plus the underside of my car is really really solid. It only needs rear quarter skins, outer rockers (only one really) and small patches on the outer wheel houses. I would hate to hack up such a solid car.

That guys is awesome! I've watched all his videos, he's very thorough with explaining everything he's doing and why. I appreciate all your guys feed back on this and I have spent quite a bit of time reading up on this on here and other places on the net. This project is very budget oriented, the car will be like a poor man's restomod in a sense. I think I will be patient and keep my eyes open for a lower mileage car and buy it complete to harvest every and anything I may need for the swap. I thought about doing a body swap like in the videos but it is alot of work and hours invested, plus the underside of my car is really really solid. It only needs rear quarter skins, outer rockers (only one really) and small patches on the outer wheel houses. I would hate to hack up such a solid car.

Hate to say it but "budget" and "hemi swap" are usually not spoken in the same sentence. Yes it can be done "cheaper" but still is not what many would call cheap. The one thing I can tell you is that going cheap will bite you hard later on. Not saying you need to buy everything brand new or get the best that is out there but I am saying that you need to invest in quality in the right places like the controller, harness, motor mounts, exhaust manifolds/headers, etc. Anything can be done relatively cheaply but if in the end you have a car that is not reliable, undrivable, etc. it sucks.

Hate to say it but "budget" and "hemi swap" are usually not spoken in the same sentence. Yes it can be done "cheaper" but still is not what many would call cheap. The one thing I can tell you is that going cheap will bite you hard later on. Not saying you need to buy everything brand new or get the best that is out there but I am saying that you need to invest in quality in the right places like the controller, harness, motor mounts, exhaust manifolds/headers, etc. Anything can be done relatively cheaply but if in the end you have a car that is not reliable, undrivable, etc. it sucks.
I hear ya. I guess what I mean by "budget oriented" is that I am doing all the work myself so it will be cheaper in that sense just not parts wise. I will be using all the proper swap mounts/brackets from Holley and will be redoing the complete suspension, brakes and fuel system with all new parts. All the rot will be repaired with new sheet metal and it will get a modern interior swap too. I do understand Mopar’s are not cheap but I also own a 69 Buick Riviera, if you guys want to know what expensive is try restoring one of those. Parts are really expensive if you can even find them, there's next to no aftermarket support for them at all, nothing from other models are shared with them either.

Auto Transport Service
Back