• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

generally speaking.......when did you stop giving a F#%K?

Especially these work people that turn into monsters
Something we all share is grief and getting shafted by others. As my dear folks got older it became more evident their days were numbered, as all of ours are. Some time to kind of prepare for it. Those who die suddenly or at a young age are more shocking. Then we never know when our number is drawn and with me, try not to dwell on it.

Work life as you posted, had some grueling-cruel episodes that were hard to forget and still pop up in my head 20+ years later. I think it might be a form of PTS. A boss I had later became the president of the company. We had been close friends once and he talked me into coming to work for him. As I climbed the ladder, it became more evident this guy had some sick tendencies I either didn’t notice before or just that it became more obvious. He relished leading by fear and firing people as some sort of production. He would ask why he shouldn’t fire someone and on one occasion, I saved one guys job. There were just a few of us in his inner circle knowing some of his sad secrets and think as he climbed the ladder, feared this could come out. Along with a couple others, once golden, became lead to him.

He had his ***-kissers spying, looking for the opportunities to fire the kill-shot. He made working-life miserable and finding the chances to publicly humiliate. Didn’t know who was friend or foe; reminded me of the movie Three-Days of the Condor, lol. There were more enemies than friends, as they knew which side of their bread had the butter on it.

As it worked out, the guy I had saved from his trash can, was the guy who was most helpful to my demise. Not a bad result for me, when trying to fire me was poorly planned (with this guy being a dumb-***) was given a fantastic separation package, as was another, to get us gone. That helped me start my own biz. It was damaging mentally though, leaving a scar.

maybe not giving a fok isn't the proper term........... but there comes a time when we realize getting stressed out and pissed off is pretty much a waste of time and energy.....nowadays, I just roll with the nonsense and deal with it. Any day on this side of the dirt is a good one
This ^^^^^

Not giving a **** has nothing to do with not moving forward or my giving to others. It's about giving up on getting more in this sometime senseless world. Do I have a good life, I'm still blessed and still love what's mine. Not giving a **** revolves around not getting stepped on anymore and I still protect what's mine, to the death if need be. One big change is being as ready as possible at all times for the worst case scenario.

We haven't stopped yet. That's like surrendering to the Anti-forces that be...

Auto Transport Service
Back