• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Generation difference

Me too. Everyone comes to my house before going to the hardware store or Home depot. All labeled & organized by size in hanging louvered bins. I like the bins because I can remove them & take the sizes I need to the vehicles I am working on outside of the garage when needed. The second picture is all of my AN fittings & hoses too.

View attachment 563114 View attachment 563115
Lol, tried to show the wife your pics and she pushed me away- she knew where I was going!

Unfortunately I see a use for almost everything so I put it away in one of the pole barns until the time it’s needed. That’s also why I need another barn so I can work on my cars.

Ha ha, My wife and I downsized to a 2 bedroom house - we could have went bigger but we both agreed we would just fill it with crap. I have so many things packed away I'm surprised sometimes when I find something really cool I forgot about. I hope the kid doesn't just throw everything in the garage away when I croak.

20 mile drive to get anything so i scrounge before going and if i have to go i will buy extra if i think it will happen again.

Ha ha, My wife and I downsized to a 2 bedroom house - we could have went bigger but we both agreed we would just fill it with crap. I have so many things packed away I'm surprised sometimes when I find something really cool I forgot about. I hope the kid doesn't just throw everything in the garage away when I croak.
When my mother went into a nursing home I was cleaning out stuff. I save $hit but my mother eyow. Had homework from High school, 1929! Lot of good stuff though. Finally hired a estate seller after my sister and I took what we wanted. Estate seller made about $3500 and we made $10,500.
Sort through it now and sellit and enjoy the money, easier said than done. I should follow my advice.

I'm only 58, but this is about all I see
from younger generations today
Their head buried in a cell phone no matter what they are doing...

Albert Einstein fears cell phones.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back