• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting all my parts together for my fuel system upgrades.

fourgearsavoy

Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
I have a BG 280 pump and have a new style bypass from Magnafuel that is plumbed into the outlet of the pump. I have -10 into the pump from the cell and have 1/2" aluminum line to the regulator.

bypass.jpg

bg.jpg

I have a BG 280 pump and have a new style bypass from Magnafuel that is plumbed into the outlet of the pump. I have -10 into the pump from the cell and have 1/2" aluminum line to the regulator.

View attachment 1634999

View attachment 1635000
Under what theory does this new by-pass operate? I take it your regulator only has one inlet and outlet? Does the by-passed fuel return to the tank? Is this to avoid overheating the fuel? Do you have a gauge before and after the regulator? There, that's enough questions!
Mike

The bypass just sends the excess fuel back to the cell right after the pump. This way I don't need to plumb a return back from the reg at the carburetor.
Here is a pump with the bypass built into the pump.

magna pump.jpg

diagram.gif

I'm not sure why that matters. The bypass just sends unused fuel back to the cell to keep from sending 280 gph to the deadhead regulator when the engine doesn't need it.
I was going to use a return style regulator but then I found this trick little bypass valve deal from Magnafuel.
Save a bunch of time and money on plumbing a return.

Look like a good set up :thumbsup:

I use a performance engineering pump that is similar. It sends 30 psi to the front. Then is regulated down to 5 1/2 psi to the carbs. Only issue was the spring in the bypass. with a 16 volt battery couldn't turn the pressure down below 40psi without exposing the O-ring. The front regulator couldn't deal with 40psi. Took the rear bypass apart and cut the spring shorter. After that it worked like a charm.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back