• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting older and the changes in what we like...

I have loved the newer Ram design when it came out with the big rig look in 94'. I still have my second 96' 2ND Gen Ram with a 488 V10. This truck has been awesome for the last 28 years and is still 90+% Original everything. I now have a 04.5 3RD Gen CTD Ram. The latest 19' and newer Rams I no longer care for the look.

IMG_0170.jpg

20210924_190807.jpg

20210904_171159.jpg

Last edited:
loved the newer Ram design when it came out with the big rig look in 94'
Agree, Dodge did it right when that model year arrived; had a ’97 4x4. Also had an ’02 Dakota 4x4 and that was a great gen style as well. Have an ’05 Dakota Laramie that I really like having a lot of options, and did some body transplanting to rust-free hopefully to be my last truck now, but the style isn’t quite as neat as the prior gen was, MO.

The 94 Ram changed the world of truck styling.

Score another one for Mopar.

I joined the FMJ forum. It doesn't move nearly as fast as this one but there are some avid fans of those cars.

I joined the FMJ forum. It doesn't move nearly as fast as this one but there are some avid fans of those cars.
I started browsing there more often also. I find myself gravitating towards those body styles now also. I have a buddy that had a 79' Road Runner and my Brother in law had a 79' Aspen R/T. I always liked both of those cars.

I didn't check for foaming at the mouth. I figure I am safe from a distance.
It is a curious thing though.....Some enthusiasts comment about changes to those cars that eliminate the soft and comfortable ride, two things that actually interested me about them.

Mine was white, not black. Perfect suspension compared to the soft 5th Avenue. However, the steering lacked road feel. Very good car though.

1988_plymouth_gran_fury_1589686183ff9f98764da1988GranFury1.jpg

You want a soft ride. I love driving my 74' couch. It is as comfortable as my couch.

20230527_111409.jpg

That is gorgeous!

I know that the FMJ cars are not built to handle as well as the fore/aft torsion bar cars but I don't mind. The softer seats and thicker carpeting would be a nice alternative. I still love the rumble and tone of the V8. I'd probably want to hear a little bit of the engine though. Total silence smacks of electric and I am not taking it that far.

I've had a few wagons over the years. In no particular order:

1963 Valiant 198/6 3-speed
1966 Pontiac Catalina 389
1969 Plymouth Suburban 383
1967 Belvedere I 225/3-spd sold new in Belgium
1963 Dodge Custom 880 hardtop wagon, 361
1967 GMC Suburban 327 auto
1956 Plymouth Plaza 2-dr wagon
1984 Aries K 2.6 Hemi
1991 Mercury Colony Park
1986 Ford Country Squire (movie car!)
1971 IH TravelAll, 354" Perkins Turbo Diesel
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L (yeah, I consider this a wagon!)

I've forgotten a few, I'm sure of that!

My current driver is something I've had 4-1/2 years already - a 2014 VW Passat TDI SE. 2.4L Diesel, DSG dual-clutched automatic. 44 hwy - 32 in-town. It'll do 80+ all day long! Likely my sole concession to new(er) cars.

I know that the FMJ cars are not built to handle as well as the fore/aft torsion bar cars but I don't mind. The softer seats and thicker carpeting would be a nice alternative. I still love the rumble and tone of the V8. I'd probably want to hear a little bit of the engine though. Total silence smacks of electric and I am not taking it that far.
Git yerself an '83 Imperial

image (1).jpg

It will seem completely out of character for me but......I want a 4 door!

Thanks.

I almost bought that one, but I ended up buying a real Shelby Pursuit hood.

...and get this- it's from one of the 16 red ones!

That was more than 10 years ago, and all I've managed to do with it is build some brackets to hang it on the wall, out of the way.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back