• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting older and the changes in what we like...

It will seem completely out of character for me but......I want a 4 door!
Stick with a B-body. Find a manly '77/'78 Fury or Monaco with a 440-4V and A38 package.
7e1f477f0fdc5453b732d0f3aad35766.jpg

Maybe it will be easier to find a first generation Chrysler Lebaron...1977-1981 and they were available as a station wagon too.

560px-1980_Chrysler_LeBaron_wagon.jpg

I still say C-body Mopars had the best ride of anything I've ever experienced on the road, bar none.
And they, using a slang term, were "screwed together very well".

That's why my diesel is pre-emissions 2001, with a manual trans. Extended cab, 8' bed, 4x4 Ram 2500. When I bought my Charger in FL, I towed it home with the Ram....and it gave me 18mpg towing the car from FL to MD. It gets me 20-22 daily driving up and down a mountain to get to and from home. It's my gig truck, it's always loaded with audio gear or pulling a trailer full of audio gear. Or hauling stuff for yardwork, or home projects, or parts, or motorcycles....it rarely makes a round trip, empty.

And, it's got 288k miles on it at the moment.

Now, my '14 Grand Cherokee has DEF and being a light-duty vehicle that I don't tow with (why would I - I have a cummins!)...I've had zero problems with it. Fill the DEF once a year (about $17 at the pump)....and that's it. 25mpg city, 32 highway.

Diesel may be more expensive per gallon, but if you do the math it's still cheaper per mile. I spend about $0.05 a mile more on fuel driving my Wrangler TJ to work, than I do driving the diesel Grand Cherokee...and about $0.02 a mile more in the Wrangler, than I would if I drove my cummins every day. And, no tuneups on the diesels - no plugs, no wires, no coils...just a fuel filter every 10k miles, and the diesels are happy campers.

A couple pennies a mile might not sound like much, but if you go 300 miles a tank? That's $15 a tank. If I do 10k a year in my Wrangler, just the fuel costs put me $500 behind the Grand Cherokee, based on the per-mile cost. And that's figuring our current local pricing of 3.99 diesel and 3.00 unleaded.

It adds up.

And that $500 I save? Fills the Charger quite a few times over the season, so I can drive and love it !!
I absolutely hate trucks but I’ve got to have one to pull my big *** camper around. I haven’t bought a truck in 10 years and needed one so I bought this 1 ton and this damn thing will out ride most 1/2 ton trucks. I made a post when I first bought it last year. It’s a HO Cummins with the Aisin Transmission and plus these newer mirrors are way better than those flip up ones lol. It just sets in my garage and it don’t even have 2000 miles on it. I told my wife to start driving it some this summer.I Want to get a few miles on it before I delete it but it still gets great fuel mileage for a big truck.

95AB78C5-02AE-4E7E-9C43-D6A9D3E68716.jpeg

Those mirrors look like 1/18th scale, on a 1/64 scale model. LOL.
I have my 03, 2WD, HO 5.9, 6-speed manual dually for towing. I bought it new, and have never thought about replacing it. I really don't want all the nanny-crap, installed for soccer-moms. I also hate trucks, but this is a required-evil, for all the towing I've done since purchasing it. I've been thru 4 race trailers with this thing....

000_0667.JPG

post dually rig at Salem.jpg

101_1933.jpg

Those mirrors look like 1/18th scale, on a 1/64 scale model. LOL.
I have my 03, 2WD, HO 5.9, 6-speed manual dually for towing. I bought it new, and have never thought about replacing it. I really don't want all the nanny-crap, installed for soccer-moms. I also hate trucks, but this is a required-evil, for all the towing I've done since purchasing it. I've been thru 4 race trailers with this thing....

View attachment 1613694
View attachment 1613695
View attachment 1613696
Those are good trucks but these newer style mirrors are awesome. My company truck is a 23 Laramie and here is an inside pic of them.

D40652A2-E5AD-490D-967E-3D60605E2DD0.jpeg

5B8AC55C-3CFC-417F-B016-D00022FE9617.jpeg

My 2 cousins built that truck around 95. Back in the day mini truckin was pretty big. A company made this kit called Truxarossa, of course copied after after the Ferrari Testarossa. They did a hell of a job on it. Had airbrushing did on the hood and fiberglass cover. It drew a lot of attention, I mean a lot. 350-700 R4 but it did drive like a go-cart.

Ive always been a truck person. This is my latest, and god willing and as long as its doesn't get wrecked,,,probably be my last.

In regards to old cars I was always a person that liked options. and the more the merrier. If the top went down it was a major bonus.
Which is odd, because my current car has basically none. nadda, zip, basically bare bones no option car And I am REALLY ok with that.

If , or When I get a 2nd keeper car odds are it will be a vert.

2012RamSport.jpg

have had 3 wagons... first 2 was for the good parts. now i have the 62 and really like it. im gona drive the wheels off of her and probly carry my coffin in it..
and no .. a pickup should never have 4 doors... unless its the old crummy hauling guys to the logging site. want 4 doors?? buy a suv.

download (10).jpg

I absolutely hate trucks but I’ve got to have one to pull my big *** camper around. I haven’t bought a truck in 10 years and needed one so I bought this 1 ton and this damn thing will out ride most 1/2 ton trucks. I made a post when I first bought it last year. It’s a HO Cummins with the Aisin Transmission and plus these newer mirrors are way better than those flip up ones lol. It just sets in my garage and it don’t even have 2000 miles on it. I told my wife to start driving it some this summer.I Want to get a few miles on it before I delete it but it still gets great fuel mileage for a big truck.

View attachment 1613438
You’re going to make her do that when she’s about to have a pristine RR in the garage and on the cruise…..?

Never had a truck, never wanted to have a truck, never will have or get a truck. They’re just not in my universe of needs or wants - while I do get the appeal for many that like them and have a lot of use for them. Todays trucks are sure as hell not like yesterdays versions w/all the whatever you can get on them these days.

Now my nephew when he was just a 17/18 yo little squirt about 5’5” 135ish got this big *** truck when he got his license back when. Don’t recall the size or make, I just know it was like a midget lost somewhere behind the controls of a Mac Truck. I always ribbed him about it and he would always say “Once you go truck, you never go back”. Hmm really I would say… I gave him a year - then he went out and bought a Jag first and then a list of other sporty type sedans. The truck thing disappeared pretty quickly. He’s done well for himself and now drives these max sized Escalades and such. He’s got a wife and 3 kids now too so he wants to ensure their safety as best he can while driving…… But trucks don’t seem to run in our family genes. None of us have ever had one save the nephew.

I bought my first truck at sixteen. A 79' Trail Duster S.E. and have had 1 truck or another ever since. 37 years now. Still own 2 now.

IMG_0170.jpg

20210924_190807.jpg

20210820_182134.jpg

being home and not having to leave the whole day sure feels good to me now.

Auto Transport Service
Back