• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting ready to swap disc brakes on the front of my 66 Belvedere, any advice

200 bucks for brake shoes. Have you used these theory sounds good but man expensive but what ain't anymore
Yes. Used them for many years. Smooth, quiet, straight, clean. Great modulation and performance. Will never go to discs. All the brakes I will ever need and I don't poke around in LA Traffic. I slice, dice, and run with th rest of the idiots out there.

Like TTI's and Firm Feel. If you want the best, get your wallet.

Thanks may check that out. Difficult to get these drum brake cars to brake evenly and not pull to one side.:thumbsup:

Thanks may check that out. Difficult to get these drum brake cars to brake evenly and not pull to one side.:thumbsup:
I just finished installing a complete "Right Stuff" disc brake conversion kit, M\C and lines, on my 62 Dart Max Wedge car. Quality pieces and everything fit together with ease. Nice stuff!!!

Go to your local junk yard and pull the spindles, rotors, calipers, proportional valve, master cyl and master to prop valve brake lines off any -

Chrysler Cordoba, Dodge Mirada, 5th Avenue, Diplomat, '81-'82 Imperial any M or F body

Some have 10 inch rotors, some the bigger size - the 10 inch set up will fit in your 14 inch wheels. I have the 10 inchers on both my '66's and they work great.

I have a 67 Belvedere and there is a m-body at a Pick and pull that I pulled all the things listed above off of. My hub on the Belvedere connect just a little differently than the ones I pulled wondering if only certain years work or what I am missing? I will try to get pics tomorrow as it’s already dark today.
Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back