• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going under the knife

Good to hear it went well, roadrunnerman. As my surgeon always told me whenever he saw me, "better days are ahead!"

Thanks 64bel,just took the bandage off tonight to put new ones on.All there was,was 3 small incisions on top of my shoulder and a small incision on the backside of my shoulder.Little bit of swelling, but that's to be expected.

Heal fast my friend.. You'll be back to "better" then your ole self soon im sure! Glad to hear it went well for you..

Glad everything went well for you Roadrunnerman. Now its just a time game. How long did they say before you could get back behind the wheel of a Rig?

Glad everything went well for you Roadrunnerman. Now its just a time game. How long did they say before you could get back behind the wheel of a Rig?
The doc says i'll be in a sling for at least 3-4 weeks.Total with PT IS 6-8 weeks. The company that i work for has a minimum weight restriction that requires me to lift 50 lbs with the one arm 5 times in sequence.It all depends how rigorous my therapy is and how quickly my shoulder heals, but i'm looking at the soonest to be back behind the wheel at 8 weeks.It might be longer since they had to reattach a muscle that nobody knew was tore until the day of surgery.

roadrunnerman great to see everything went well, get well soon, have fun a PT...LOL...

Glad to hear all went well and your doing ok. I've been going to PT 3 times a week and doing my exercises at home but it's slow going. Been a little over 4 weeks since my surgury. It seems like it will be awhile till I get full movement back. Take care.

Thanks my68coronetr/t, i was just thinking about you the other day as to how you were getting along. They haven't even started me on PT yet.Go the doc on wednesday, so maybe i can get some answers there as to when they will start.Good luck with the PT,i'm sure i'll be in your boat once i start mine.

You are on your way back! Work hard at the therapy, it will be worth it. Did you set up a pully like I posted before? It helps keep things limbered up without using themuscles.

BIG BAD DAD-they are going to try and set me up with a chair(on loan) that will do that for me.It has been approved by work comps,just have to get del time set. Went to doc appt today. They took out stitches and told me i don't need to use the pillow that came with sling but still have to use arm sling till middle of november. PT starts oct.29th,then once that advances far enuf then they will start doing the strength regiment. So with all that it looks like the soonest that i will get back in the rig will be sometime in january,maybe. Again, THANKS TO ALL.

Sounds good, hope u get to the point you can enjoy some light work on your car anyway! Heal fast..

Did you get the extremely sticky bandages? The Surgeon covered my shoulder, ribs, and back with some of the awfullest, sticky, bandages ever seen when I had mine done. Kind of like extra strength duct tape! The Bastages did not bother to warn me, or shave me before doing it. I am rather "furry" on my back and chest, etc. Removing the damned bandaging several days after surgery was the most painful part! LOL

Big Bad Dad, no my bandages came off pretty good.I don't hardly have that much hair on my back.Getting the stitches taken out wasn't that bad either,just a snip and a tug.I tried to see where the incisions were and couldn't even see the spots where they cut.

Take Some Time Off And Recoop! Your More Important Then Getting Your Car Finished Right Now! Goodluck!
Thanks,haven'y really done a whole lot in the garage unless i can do it with one arm.Had to help my son move into a house but i only drove my pickup,he loaded/unloaded everything.

Auto Transport Service
Back