• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Bye Daffy...

cr8crshr

Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
Well, she is actually gone from the garage. I have owned this car since 2004, re-built it entirely as it came as a roller first. Stripped it, salvaged original parts, sourced NOS and correct re-pop parts, spent countless hours block sanding it and sanding it some more. Re-did the entire interior my self, replaced the windshield with correct new, and still it wasn't finished. So after firing it up yesterday as the new owner came to pick it up to take it to its new home in Tuscon, AZ, I watched and assisted to get it on the trailer, tied down and driven off to its new home. Bittersweet??? Yes it is. However this is not the first time I have let go of a classic car either. I really haven't driven it all that much and it just sat protected in the garage gathering up dust from the Great Basin Desert of where it was kept. The new owner, which I will acknowledge in a bit, and his crew of 2 that made the trip are some steller car guys and MOPAR guys. I always have enjoyed making acquaintances with those also in the hobby and wasn't disappointed in the least. Just great car guys. Hell they even raved and gave an approval of it as we got it ready to load. They were like busy bees going over just about everything from top to bottom. There are some imperfections and such that were noted but never was there any attempt to re-negotiate the original agreed deal. Now that is say a lot about my work and their expectations from an on line sale of a collector car. "Daffy" as I named her because she always schocked me when ever I got close and because of the paint color...Daffodil Yellow...is going to have some very nice stable mates as she is bedded down with her new owner. He has some additional plans for it, and I will let him talk on that as he is also a member here on FBBO. As to my continuing on here on this great site, is still up in the air, as I am not planning on getting another project or completed one for the foreseeable future. Aging faster than I would like so no wrench turning and crawling around on concrete for this ol' guy. So a few pics from the final time here at the hacienda on Grizzly Bear Ct, here in Reno NV...Enjoy it GTX6970/Bill!!! Cr8crshr/Bill
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

20220729_160339.jpg

20220729_171838.jpg

20220729_171902.jpg

20220729_173704.jpg

20220729_175223.jpg

20220729_175230.jpg

20220729_175355.jpg

20220729_175756.jpg

20220729_175842.jpg

20220729_175850.jpg

So, you and the guys got it fired up, what was the problem? I'll be in mourning the rest of the day, maybe the week!!! Sad to see it go but I understand the reasons for selling! I see you loaned him some air too! I hope you told him how much sweat equity I provided to get you where you're at today with it!
Now don't be stupid with all that money you got now! :poke::poke::poke::poke::poke:

So, you and the guys got it fired up, what was the problem? I'll be in mourning the rest of the day, maybe the week!!! Sad to see it go but I understand the reasons for selling! I see you loaned him some air too! I hope you told him how much sweat equity I provided to get you where you're at today with it!
Now don't be stupid with all that money you got now! :poke::poke::poke::poke::poke:
Yep...He was spot on about what my problem was. He also is a retiring next year MOPAR Transmission trainer/Tech so he obviously knew wht my problem was. Turns out it was the mechanical fuel pump. We slaved in the electrical one he brought which took some doing as to how the car was parked in the garage, but after an ops check to see if it was working we left it running and checked the Carb. Guess what??? It smelled of fuel!! So I jumped in turned the key, and she fired up immediately. No knocking of the lifters as it sometimes did when they needed to pump up. Let it rev for a few, put the tranny in N to let the fluid get run around and pumped up, backed her out of the garage, and took it for one last quick spin, Put on the trailer, tied her down and away they went. The air hose was for checking the trailer and car tire pressures before they hit the road. He also took the 14 inch magnum rim to use as a spare, some oil and lubricants, and some spare parts specific to the car. I will be mailing some more that he wanted but didn't have the time nor the space for anymore. The rest of the left over parts I will slowly get up on the for sale boards on Joey's sites to try and sell. As for the 18 grand, 15k goes to the credit union for keeping and the rest for Silver bullion, and some other things like the gas grill at Costco. Then I will be looking at either the deck or B/U power for the house so it won't be pissed away as you know I can do...And I did share with him all the sweet equity you actually put into her, and without your work and guidance also, it most likely would still be under construction. Lets quack tomorrow and try not to be too sad about her being gone...Bro

Last edited:
I'll guess that the diaphragm dried out & cracked? It would be a trip if the FP push rod wore out that quick, but we've heard/read that story before!

Sweet car and always liked that soft shade of yellow ever since my elder brother came home with his '65 goat about that color and my itching to get my license as a 14 year old. Was the longest two years of my life, lol.
There'll come the day I have to part ways with my '63 having it since '94 and the endless hours (and cash) restoring it. No one in the family wants it, so there will come the day to find someone who likes the car if I don't drop first. NOT trying to think of when the time will come.

Well, she is actually gone from the garage. I have owned this car since 2004, re-built it entirely as it came as a roller first. Stripped it, salvaged original parts, sourced NOS and correct re-pop parts, spent countless hours block sanding it and sanding it some more. Re-did the entire interior my self, replaced the windshield with correct new, and still it wasn't finished. So after firing it up yesterday as the new owner came to pick it up to take it to its new home in Tuscon, AZ, I watched and assisted to get it on the trailer, tied down and driven off to its new home. Bittersweet??? Yes it is. However this is not the first time I have let go of a classic car either. I really haven't driven it all that much and it just sat protected in the garage gathering up dust from the Great Basin Desert of where it was kept. The new owner, which I will acknowledge in a bit, and his crew of 2 that made the trip are some steller car guys and MOPAR guys. I always have enjoyed making acquaintances with those also in the hobby and wasn't disappointed in the least. Just great car guys. Hell they even raved and gave an approval of it as we got it ready to load. They were like busy bees going over just about everything from top to bottom. There are some imperfections and such that were noted but never was there any attempt to re-negotiate the original agreed deal. Now that is say a lot about my work and their expectations from an on line sale of a collector car. "Daffy" as I named her because she always schocked me when ever I got close and because of the paint color...Daffodil Yellow...is going to have some very nice stable mates as she is bedded down with her new owner. He has some additional plans for it, and I will let him talk on that as he is also a member here on FBBO. As to my continuing on here on this great site, is still up in the air, as I am not planning on getting another project or completed one for the foreseeable future. Aging faster than I would like so no wrench turning and crawling around on concrete for this ol' guy. So a few pics from the final time here at the hacienda on Grizzly Bear Ct, here in Reno NV...Enjoy it GTX6970/Bill!!! Cr8crshr/Bill
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

View attachment 1321444

View attachment 1321446

View attachment 1321447

View attachment 1321448

View attachment 1321449

View attachment 1321450

View attachment 1321451

View attachment 1321452

View attachment 1321453

View attachment 1321454
What a beautiful car. Had to be very tough to let go of. Guys try to by my stuff all the time, I tell them, you'll have to work that out with my widow. Lol.

“…As to my continuing on here on this great site, is still up in the air, as I am not planning on getting another project…”

Cr8crshr - don’t leave, the site needs all of us. Classic Mopar ownership is not required; enthusiasm is. You got that in spades.

We’ll look forward to your posts.

What a beautiful car. Had to be very tough to let go of. Guys try to by my stuff all the time, I tell them, you'll have to work that out with my widow. Lol.
It always is. Having gone through it a time before, it wasn't all too saddening just bittersweet. And now with the empty garage space, it is ever more a reality. Even my Brother, 69a100, who helped with countless blood sweat and busted knuckles on this car is saddened. But with all things in this life, they are merely objects that we accumulate and possess and eventual do leave us. It is a fact and reality of the way with things. She is now in a very good home and will be treated the same if maybe not better then when it was mine!!! cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

“…As to my continuing on here on this great site, is still up in the air, as I am not planning on getting another project…”

Cr8crshr - don’t leave, the site needs all of us. Classic Mopar ownership is not required; enthusiasm is. You got that in spades.

We’ll look forward to your posts.
Thank you...Not sure what I want to do yet but for the time being, I am here...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back