• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good hole punch tool?

200kph on China HST? More like 200 Miles ph! you can stand behind the driver from Paris to Frankfurt, and watch the speedo climb to 320kph = 198mph, dead smooth. Since he/she has computer control, talking on mobile is ok! Rail travel except for Acela in US is lamentable.

I remember when made in Japan meant it was absolute crap. Demming and Juran fixed that and we view their products as excellent today. I have worked with Chinese Taiwanese Korean Thai and Vietnamese manufacturing for many years and those that say for example Chinese products suck should take a ride on their high speed rail system. I did and my glass of wine barely had any ripples as we were traveling 200KMPH. They have invested so much in infrastructure tooled plants its amazing. We should be so lucky to have a tenth of that capability here......just saying not all their stuff is bad, they are not stupid and we lost our mfg base a long time ago......Been at this for 40 years.
Imo, we didn't lose it.......we got sold out by greedy business men and others in high places. They reap the big bucks while we have to deal with the junk that they tell them to build. Thing is, we were getting some pretty good tools from them in the 70's and early 80's because I still have some of it. I have two identical vices....one is excellent and the other is a POS. Only difference is the POS is much newer. I did get a good paint gun kit by mixing and matching parts from 6 different kits! Now why is it that the parts are not consistent? Is the manufacturing machinery that junky too? Some of the internal parts liked like a freaking money machined them using a hand drill and a file!

Imo, we didn't lose it.......we got sold out by greedy business men and others in high places. They reap the big bucks while we have to deal with the junk that they tell them to build. Thing is, we were getting some pretty good tools from them in the 70's and early 80's because I still have some of it. I have two identical vices....one is excellent and the other is a POS. Only difference is the POS is much newer. I did get a good paint gun kit by mixing and matching parts from 6 different kits! Now why is it that the parts are not consistent? Is the manufacturing machinery that junky too? Some of the internal parts liked like a freaking money machined them using a hand drill and a file!
Greed and a lack of care about the customer or quality is the common denominator in all of this. Poor materials because they are cheaper is an issue. A very common issue I see is they execute 99% ok but that one thing they cut a corner on makes the whole thing worthless. Just to save $1. A great example are those HF jack stands. Someone didn’t check too life or was not aware of it or its associated consequences. Now not only did they render the part worthless they take a huge hit on cost of refunds not to mention they ruin their reputation which they haven’t cared much about.

Auto Transport Service
Back