• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Score? I'd Say So!

SgtSuperbird

Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
Got this as a gift from my buddy yesterday. I think it's awesome. We've known each other for years, both starting out as sanitation engineers (garbagemen) in 1977. Coincidentally, we both left for long careers as firefighters. However, before my buddy left for "the greatest job in the world", he picked this out of the garbage (35 years ago). He had saved it all those years until I retired.

It's in decent shape, with only a couple dings, with the baseplate being modified a bit (unfortunately). For the heck of it, I measured, and it appears to be from a 383 car. How cool is that - from the trash!

IMG_20200702_093806492.jpg IMG_20200702_093822592.jpg

That baseplate was cut to accomodate the 2 speed wiper motor clearance on the car it came off of. All air grabber cars with that plate had 3 speed wipers for that reason. You'll see that quite a bit. Nice score man jealous!

NICE! Not a cheap item. Cut out is an easy fix and somewhere in my resto thread, but here..... just try doing a bit cleaner job than I did! lol
beerestoration2017 370.JPG
beerestoration2017 372.JPG
beerestoration2017 375.JPG
beerestoration2017 376.JPG
beerestoration2017 377.JPG
beerestoration2017 378.JPG
beerestoration2017 384.JPG
beerestoration2017 393.JPG
beerestoration2017 402.JPG
beerestoration2017 405.JPG

Last edited:
Interestingly enough I put a six pack on my 440 GTX many years ago. In order to accommodate the air cleaner I had to make the exact same modification because of the 2 speed wiper motor. This could have been mine except it’s still on the car some 50 years later.

Got this as a gift from my buddy yesterday. I think it's awesome. We've known each other for years, both starting out as sanitation engineers (garbagemen) in 1977. Coincidentally, we both left for long careers as firefighters. However, before my buddy left for "the greatest job in the world", he picked this out of the garbage (35 years ago). He had saved it all those years until I retired.

It's in decent shape, with only a couple dings, with the baseplate being modified a bit (unfortunately). For the heck of it, I measured, and it appears to be from a 383 car. How cool is that - from the trash!

View attachment 970219 View attachment 970220

Good score!

:thumbsup:

That baseplate was cut to accomodate the 2 speed wiper motor clearance on the car it came off of. All air grabber cars with that plate had 3 speed wipers for that reason. You'll see that quite a bit. Nice score man jealous!
That's what I had thought. Thanks for the info. At least it's a nice clean cut!

I have one on my car, and it clears the two speed motor just fine.
Coyote Duster b.JPG

could be. The vent tube was damaged, so I removed it, and with a little jiggling it fits.

I bought one of those bases at a swap meet some years ago, not going to saw what I paid but it wasn't cheap. I intend on using it on 426 Hemi on my RR or possibly on my 71 Charger.

Auto Transport Service
Back