• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodmark 71 b body floor

VicsGarage

Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
Anyone use one of these? I know AMD is the preferred for most, but they are low supply for everything 3rd gen. Plus the Goodmark one is half the cost for me in Canada.

Thinking of using their full floor and rear foot wells.

Haven’t used one, but I would bet it’s fine and better then what you have now! Give it a shot

Yeah I plan to I guess. The guy I’m working with did a Beaumont and used all goodmark stuff. Said no major issues.

For $370 Canadian, I cant complain I guess.

Goodmark ok quality.......it will work ...,amd is better.....my opinion only

Goodmark ok quality.......it will work ...,amd is better.....my opinion only

I agree. But being a floor and not super critical I’d go with it rather than wait until the end of of time for the same results. Now a critical panel like a quarter I would be careful choosing.

I have both an AMD and Goodmark. Without the stickers I could never tell the difference. You may ask why I have both. I bought the AMD 71+ B-body floor pan for my 71 Roadrunner. Turns out my car had the 1970 only E-body floor pan which has the flanges on the side. AMD was out of stock so I bought the Goodmark. Take a look at your pan to see what one you actually have in your car before ordering. Second picture is the one with the flanges.

B1CE6FCE-A9C2-4F68-9123-CA1E2D447EEE.jpeg F49B6C5A-038D-4E9B-ACF9-3CE4C79A042A.jpeg

I have both an AMD and Goodmark. Without the stickers I could never tell the difference. You may ask why I have both. I bought the AMD 71+ B-body floor pan for my 71 Roadrunner. Turns out my car had the 1970 only E-body floor pan which has the flanges on the side. AMD was out of stock so I bought the Goodmark. Take a look at your pan to see what one you actually have in your car before ordering. Second picture is the one with the flanges.

View attachment 1290899 View attachment 1290900

wouldn't either one work though?

I used the Goodmark front floorpan on my 71 Plymouth. No issues with the install. I used AMD rear pans & everything went together better than I anticipated.

Pick them up and you will feel the difference, the AMD one is made of heavier gauge metal. The fitment is probably about the same. Mark Hedrick who owns AMD is the "Mark" in Goodmark.

Pick them up and you will feel the difference, the AMD one is made of heavier gauge metal. The fitment is probably about the same. Mark Hedrick who owns AMD is the "Mark" in Goodmark.

So essentially they're going to be made in the same place. Just a different gauge metal? The AMD stuff I have is 18 gauge. The one Goodmark piece I have is 18 gauge as well. Measured both. I'd be curious if those floor pans were measured because I've heard others say same thing.

You don't happen to have a sheet metal gauge by anychance?

I've never seen a 70 E pan in a 71 B even in my early built cars. When and where was yours built? Got any pics? B and E rockers are totally different.

Both of those are AMD pieces,they have AMD stickers right on them.

I've never seen a 70 E pan in a 71 B even in my early built cars. When and where was yours built? Got any pics? B and E rockers are totally different.
Here are pictures of both. I was very surprised as well. There was just nothing to weld the floor pan to unless I did a solid bead along 75% of the sides.

8DFFCCE9-F934-4939-BF96-B0C9613EE64A.jpeg

Looking at mine it’s definitely like the first pan. It’s got those tabs that stick out near the top where it curls up to to the firewall.

So the question is will the other style still work?

In directly comparing AMD vs Goodmark 66/67 floor pans, we found the AMD to have crisper bend lines and strengthening rib stampings. They also had pre-drilled drain plug locations where the Goodmark did not. At the time it was a considerable price difference and for a "nice driver" build, the Goodmark was just fine and fit well.

When you are welding in the floor pans you will see the difference. There is a lot less blow through with the welder on the AMD pans than the lighter guage Goodmark floor pans. I have done several of both and there is a difference.

Auto Transport Service
Back