• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got an A/C question regarding a D250.

747mopar

Local time
7:46 PM
Reaction score
I'm restoring an 83 D250 for my dad and last night with the truck ready for paint he decides to tell me he wants A/C. My question is do they share the same box meaning no chopping up the firewall?

No. I have both an AC and a non AC truck

No as in no cutting? I guess I should have worded it differently seeing how the boxes will definitely be different but as far as physically fitting... That's the question. I'll know soon enough, turns out a friend has everything I need so I'll have it in hand soon.

I believe the firewall is the same between the AC and Non-AC trucks. Also the HVAC box and all the controls are the same from about 1980-1993. The later 91-93 trucks switch from the C-171 AC compressor to a Sanden, at least on the cummins trucks, not 100% sure on the gassers though.

Make sure you grab all the wiring and vacuum hoses, ducts and dash and/or vents. Not a small job but very doable with a complete donor.

Auto Transport Service
Back