• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory A/C heater box help

0DegreeEngineer

Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1969 GTX with factory air and am missing some parts, can anyone tell me or show me a photo of what I should have on the passenger side of the A/C Heater box? Should it be another fresh air vent like the drivers side, or an accordion vent connection to the inlet?
20230921_100145.jpg

Missing Another like the drivers side - yes. There is or should be (I can see what’s on/in the rest of the box from the pic) an actuator that should move a door between fresh vent air and cabin recirculated air for max a/c setting In the squarish part you’ve shown. The one you’re missing connects to the top round cut out and to the rest of the box

Accordion, flexible, be careful they can rip easily. A/C car only. Nothing like a non ac car over there.

Do either of you have photos to help with my search for these parts, I think I know what your explain but an under dash photo would help a lot

Sam69sat and 69Bee thank you for the photos and I didn't know about the bolts thanks again!

Auto Transport Service
Back