• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got me One! 1969 satelite, I call FrankeRunner

2 questions: is that a boat gas tank in the trunk in place of a 20 gallon stock tank, and is that an accelerator pedal in the shape of a foot

if so, that is extra sweet and hilarious. I wouldve paid 8500 all day long.

2 questions: is that a boat gas tank in the trunk in place of a 20 gallon stock tank, and is that an accelerator pedal in the shape of a foot

Yes and Yes! It is a little scary when the trunk smells like gas fumes and you have to hook the battery cables up everytime to start it because the brake lights stay on! But thats just how I roll!!!

My Sport Satellite was in a similar condition when I got it. Enjoy!!!!!

Correction to all who cares. Just read the vin again and realized its just a satellite not a sport satellite. On the bright side as of today I have insurance on it, Searching for a fuel cell locally now =]

What and no matching smaller foot for dimmer switch?
I see a sifter indicator on the column.
I like it, brings back old memories.

What and no matching smaller foot for dimmer switch?
I see a sifter indicator on the column.
I like it, brings back old memories.
Good eye! Linkage seems to be messed up. I can't get it into 1st when manually shifting. Plus the ratchet feature isnt working on the Hurst ratchet shifter. BOOOOO Can't drag race like this!

Got a fuel cell installed instead of the old boat gas tank. Also bolted the battery down. Right now the header studs are the Bane of my existence. The headers are welded to the pipes. So, There is no way to drop the header with the studs in place. Of course I had to break one off replacing the exhaust gasket that was leaking. Guess I need to go buy some easy outs.

20160903_164647.jpg

I have came to the conclusion after trying for 3 hours last night, that there is a drill bit broke off in the last header bolt hole of the head. I need to get a carbide bit today and see if I can finish drilling it out.

Finally got the head re-tapped. Exhaust leak is now fixed. New problems, battery is not charging. I beleive I traced it to a wire that was twisted together and had a bad connection and burnt into. It was going to the voltage regulator. Should have that fixed tomorrow!

Took it to the track last fall

Car was not running too good. First pass was a 15.8 but it shifted from first to second back to first then to second then 3rd. Ran 15.8 @88mph
second pass I wired the kick-down lever all the way open 15.5 @ 89.xxmph
3rd pass I added a few more degrees advance [email protected] MPH that was the best pass of the night.

More to the story coming soon.

Ok so after the last pass we loaded it up and I wasn't all too impressed with the time. The motor seemed to be built a little and revved pretty quickly.

Well to my dismay the tranny barley made it off the trailer at the house. Thats why the time was so slow I am assuming. It was slipping all the way down the track.

The car now has a rebuilt 727 with full manual reverse valve body with low apply. and a Hurst Pro Matic in it! =]

Also Met an awesome guy on the FB mopar group im in and scored a set of ported edelbrock aluminum heads, Ordered some fab'd vlave covers to go with them.

Also added a 750 mighty demon double pumper to take place of the old 750 holley single.

Shooting for 13's

Last edited:
Looks like you've been bitten by the deadly drag bug symptoms are. a need for speed and lower E.T.'s
The smell of race fuel and burnt rubber only aggravate's the original symptoms. First its the 13's then the 12's, 11's, 10's. most seek medical attention at this point. and stop at around the 10 second mark. because of the side affects of the illness on the wallet "FUNDSARELOWSIS".It starts to get real expensive at this point.If the pursuit of the SUB 10' second zone is Your Desire, just remember Murphy's out there" Be safe.Keep up the good work.
Just curious, how come no helmet ? that beast have a drive shaft loop? P.S.we all have this illness :realcrazy:LOL. Happy Hunting

I had one on the first pass. It's not required at Tulsa if your above the 13second mark. After the first pass I knew that wasn't going to happen.

Well you learn something new everyday. There is no adjustment to be had on stock stamped mopar shaft rockers. Gonna have to get a pushrod lenght tool now. SMH I'm such a NOOB!

Auto Transport Service
Back