• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got me One! 1969 satelite, I call FrankeRunner

dubs chops

Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
So here is the story of how I came to own the FrankenRunner!

I had been looking for a 4 speed road runner to play with in a street/strip role. I have had a few decent leads that didn't pan out. I was not too picky as this is going to get driven a lot and HARD so projects were OK in my book along with satelite roadrunner clones, The cheaper the better!

Well yesterday I was sitting in a meeting and just happened to check craigslist on my phone and BAM 1969 roadrunner clone pops up for $8500. I though it was a scam. I checked the add for a phone number and there wasn't one listed. I know it is a scam at this point but figure i'll at least try to email him and get a phone number, Within an hour he sends me his cell. We make arrangements and I head out on my 2 hour drive to get to where he is located.

The Drama starts when I Arrive in a little Ghetto area outside of OKC,

OK so lets carry on with the story. I get to the house of the seller in a particularly interesting neighborhood =] and go for a test drive. It has a really loud exhaust leak out of the left header, It's trunk pan is now a peice of welded in Barn sheet metal, and it is running from a Boat Gas Tank I kid you not lol.

Here is where it gets interesting, Another guy shows up with a truck on a trailer saying he is there to trade the guy and had no Idea anyone else is even looking at it. Long story short I tell the guy he can have it if he wants but the seller doesnt want his truck he wants my cash so I made a deal and loaded it up and got the heck out of dodge,

Specs as I was told and could very well not be true,
727 built with 3500 stall
4.11 gears with Posi 8 3/4 rear
purple cam
edelbrock torquer 383 manifold
Holly carb
Electronic ignition,

To be honest the car was worth it even needing way more TLC than he led on. He said he had been running it from the boat gas tank for 10 years!!! TO make it even worse it smells like gas in the trunk and the battery sets right next to it lol. If you have ever watched roadkill on youtube I would fit right in one of their episodes.

time for more pictures.

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP!!! that's awfully cheap for a RR! congrats!

popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

That car is perfect just the way it is. Great find.

If my eyes tell me correctly, that's a B5 car ? IMO great color on a Satellite !

yes B5 with a white vinyl top and white body stripe if I decoded it correctly.

Nice find. Gotta love the "fuel cell", though a bit unorthodox and I'm sure the fumes are great inside the car too. I bet that would look great with the white top and stripe too.

Nice find. Good base for a project.

Roll up your sleeves!.........BUT you should really have something there!:thumbsup:

BTW; Lose the wing.....

Lol yup, this isn't getting restored but more or less made street able, then I am going to beat on it like it's stolen!

Auto Transport Service
Back