• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

got my new shoes

70RR2GO

Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
all said and done, I ended up with 245-60-15 on 7" for the front and 275-60-15 on 8" for the rear. at first I had the tire shop put 215-70-15 on the front, and in my opinion they looked to shinny. I rolled the dice with the 245's on the front, and they look perfect. not a bulge at all.
theroadrunner011.gif

theroadrunner010.jpg

And nice shoes at, the car looks fantastic.

That car looks amazing, like the paint is glowing. What a perfect shot.

The rims and rubber look great, but the overall view is stunning.

I like it. Looks very nice. Good choice of wheels and tires.

Wow, those brand new Magnum 500's look killer on that car.

I also debated on the 215/70/15 vs 245/60/15 thing and ended up with 215/70's in the front. With the 245's I had too big of a gap between the top of the tire and the fender lip on my '68 Satellite. They work on your '70 though! Maybe your fender lip is slightly lower than mine because I don't see a huge rear end rake on your car. It looks perfect to me! Plus, you're running 7-inch front wheels which is the max you should run with 215/70's and I think the 245's fit the 7-inch better. I'm running a 6-inch wheel with my 215's.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you get a chance to drive your car with the 215's in front and then drive it with the 245's in front? If so, can you describe the difference in front end responsiveness, control in curves and turns, and steering effort? Please tell us if you have power steering too. I keep wondering if I went up from 215's to 245's if I would see much improvement in handling and/or braking.

Very nice RR.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, those brand new Magnum 500's look killer on that car.

I also debated on the 215/70/15 vs 245/60/15 thing and ended up with 215/70's in the front. With the 245's I had too big of a gap between the top of the tire and the fender lip on my '68 Satellite. They work on your '70 though! Maybe your fender lip is slightly lower than mine because I don't see a huge rear end rake on your car. It looks perfect to me! Plus, you're running 7-inch front wheels which is the max you should run with 215/70's and I think the 245's fit the 7-inch better. I'm running a 6-inch wheel with my 215's.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you get a chance to drive your car with the 215's in front and then drive it with the 245's in front? If so, can you describe the difference in front end responsiveness, control in curves and turns, and steering effort? Please tell us if you have power steering too. I keep wondering if I went up from 215's to 245's if I would see much improvement in handling and/or braking.

I´m working with exact same problem. 215/70 or 245/60.... Now I have 235/60 in front and I think they are not tall enough. Car is 68 Satellite and 275/60 M/T´s on rear wheels.

great look and stance!! That's what I'm running as well- 275 out back and 245 up front

Auto Transport Service
Back