• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotta love my dog right ......

Nick2317

Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
Sunday morning was putting my shoes on standing in my living room talking to my wife ......of course my dog sees me putting my shoes on and assumes shes going somewhere and what do you know I trip over her trying not to step on her and end up kicking my coffee table with my foot that only had a sock on and broke 3 or 4 toes ........Shes trying to love me as shes still young and is always excited to go anywhere but she has a knack of being under my feet

cookster.jpg

GJPPzNrXcAErDn_.jpg

She's Innocent!!! Look how sweet she is.. You put the table there!!! It's your fault!!! :lol: BTW She's very sorry.. Hope you heal quicky..

seems to be a trend....... still have a knot on my leg from a month ago, although it isn't purple any more

IMG_20240226_011322210.jpg

IMG_20240304_013614902_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240217_193215.jpg

I had my dog Irving on his leash getting ready to go for a walk. When I opened the door he tried to run and pulled me off the porch. I hit the ground hard. I now have a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. But I still love my dog!!

truck ride.jpg

Irv begging 2.jpg

Hope you recover quickly!

We’ve all been there! I don’t have any pics but our Chessie and I were coming up the basement stairs which are unfinished wood. One of those, I haven’t got to finishing them off yet type jobs. She will zig zag going up stairs and at the last few tried to blow by me and caused me (of course her fault lol) to slip my foot off the stair as I was taking the next step driving my other foot underneath and annihilating my right shin! I thought I broke it! Worst leg injury I had in a long time!

Now, I didn’t get this particular pic this time, but it was after another, less painful incident but what I got! Hard to be mad at that punum!

IMG_5954.jpeg

Saw this on a bumper sticker the other day "to the world you are just a person, to your dog you are their world".

Get better soon!

Hope you recover quickly!

We’ve all been there! I don’t have any pics but our Chessie and I were coming up the basement stairs which are unfinished wood. One of those, I haven’t got to finishing them off yet type jobs. She will zig zag going up stairs and at the last few tried to blow by me and caused me (of course her fault lol) to slip my foot off the stair as I was taking the next step driving my other foot underneath and annihilating my right shin! I thought I broke it! Worst leg injury I had in a long time!

Now, I didn’t get this particular pic this time, but it was after another, less painful incident but what I got! Hard to be mad at that punum!

View attachment 1632883
I dunno; it looks like she's laughing. Something you would expect from a cat.

I dunno; it looks like she's laughing. Something you would expect from a cat.
Chessies are notorious for that “smile” is absolutely a laugh! That’s one reason I love Chessies! Even in pain, lots of it I still smiled myself! Only for a second though! Stubborn, temperamental personality plus crazy beeeatches! Love em.

Hard part for me is I’m pretty sure this is it for me. Just hit 60 and pretty sure(that’s an opening) that I don’t wanna start off with another puppy. That is a hard pill right there. I’ve always had a dog! We’ll see.

One of mine slammed his head into mine rendering me unconscious and a severe concussion. That was in September and I still have not fully recovered

Ouch, hope it heals quickly...

she looks happy :lol:

Thats a bummer hope you heal fast,I know how you feel both my dogs are always under me.

dragweek 035.jpg

When ours get excited and want to be under my feet, they get shooed away as I don't want to trip over them or step on an appendage. My wife usually has help in the kitchen but when I come in, I tell them to get out. Same with the one cat. I don't want to get hurt and don't want them to get hurt either. So far neither dog gets to hang out with me in the garage. Sharp objects, chemicals/stuff to sample etc. And I don't want to be working on something then immediately step on/trip over one when I move because they are right beside me.

Auto Transport Service
Back