• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Cars

View attachment 101644Most of our steering boxes were painted with a cheap black paint originally so he was right that time. The lower control arms are a different story though, he painted them backwards!!!!

And what about the sway bar? Black (yours) or bare (GYC) or either way?

That was a great show last night without too much of the crap. But the tv producers want the crap stuff.

Mark and Darren I wonder if they own the shop together or at least the Mopar shop. The thing is they've known each other most of their lives and can rib on each other.

I really liked that new door and was cool to see and when and if I ever get to build a small shop out back it would help to close it off for other things.

I also really love that crane and it gets me to thinking, do you need a rotisery now or just use a crane. That thing would make a lot of jobs if not all of them easier.

The parts they painted and talked about was good info. The good thing is they were picked up for another season and Mark does want more of the car stuff in it but networks want the drama no matter how fake it is.

Mark is also trying to get other shows out into the market.

I have found that the only way to watch that show is to record it & then fast forward through the nonsense.

And what about the sway bar? Black (yours) or bare (GYC) or either way?

That was a great show last night without too much of the crap. But the tv producers want the crap stuff.

I used that picture to show the lower control arms only.
But to answer the question the sway bar pictured is Powder Coated gloss Black so it is wrong.
My understanding is they should be dark metal looking due to the treating and the brackets holding my old bar should have been black not silver.
Hope this helps Ron

All right... I kept giving this show chance after chance to grow on me, but last night the I LOVE ME crap from Mark just finally reached a point where I had to turn the show off at about the 40-minute mark. I thought having to sit through pumpkin patch visits and his daughter's wedding was bad enough, but now it seems like half of every show is an infomercial for some new vender who's trying to sell something to the shop. We end up with an hour of Mark either bragging about himself or bragging about some great new product some vender is giving to him so he'll push their media blasting setup, or awning, or energy drink, or security system, or whatever on his show.

I know it's great to finally have a show that focuses on Mopars, but seriously... who wants to sit there and listen to one guy constantly brag on himself and fight with two other guys while also hearing about how great some shop product is for 60 minutes, just in the hopes they might actually show/tell us something we don't know in the 5-10 minutes they actually dedicate to the cars? Having a Mopar show isn't worth much if the show sucks, and this show definitely sucks.

I tried to fast foward through the show and just watch the good stuff but the minute that asshole starts to talk I have to turn it off. You've got to be kidding me. I would cave his face in if he ever talked to me the way he talks to those guys but more than that he has the voice of a gnat. Its nothing but irritating. Love the premise of the show, cant stand the characters in it. I tried again though.. just cant watch it

I'm sad that you guys just dont get it , most every thing mark says is tongue and cheek and sarcastic , everytime you guys are getting mad and turning it off I'm laughing my *** off because i totally get marks dry sense of humor . He really is a great guy and really humble and listens in real life .

Yeah he just seems to be an arrogant POS to be honest, it doesnt come across as tongue and cheek it just comes across as ***. I have a dry sense of humor as well. A wink to the camera or well placed smile here and there goes a long way. Sorry the show doesnt come across well to me at all. Maybe hire some actors to play their parts..LOL

It has to have the non-sense just as "filler"
But, gee...he sure knows quite a bit.
Very knowledgeable.
That crap with Darren being rude to Holley has to be fake!

Im amazed they ever get any cars done at all ......always seems they have piles of parts and never anything to do

I'm sad that you guys just dont get it , most every thing mark says is tongue and cheek and sarcastic , everytime you guys are getting mad and turning it off I'm laughing my *** off because i totally get marks dry sense of humor . He really is a great guy and really humble and listens in real life .

No, I get it. The banter between him and his co-workers I definitely get because they've been friends for a long time and needling each other is what friends do best. What I can't take is all the ego-buffing crap that comes out of Mark's mouth about how great he is. Do you really want to spend 15-20 minutes watching some guy brag about how great he is to an interview camera? Seriously? Would you really want to go to this guy's office to talk about cars and sit there for that much time hearing about how great he is, how much better his work is than anyone else's, or how he's the only one who can do things right because his employees suck? As a manager myself, that last bit is the hardest for me to take. It's one thing to joke around with your co-workers and call them names or insult them when you're goofing with them, but when you're bashing them in an interview session when they aren't around? That's not someone goofing with a co-worker, that's someone who's insulting them. When has he ever said "you know I rag on these guys a lot, but the truth is they're the best in the business."? Answer... never. He'll brag incessantly about how great he is, but has nothing but disdain for his employees. Hell, last night he repeatedly accused them of steeling from him. That's not a dry sense of humor, that's a guy who's an a-hole.

But putting aside his behavior, I'm just really getting annoyed with the constant, in-your-face, product placement and infomercial feel the show is getting. You want to give a vendor a plug, fine. But quit spending half the show trying to sell us on the value of some new piece of equipment he's trying to get some vendor to give him.

In your opinion Mark may be a great guy in real life, but again you're not dealing with him as an employee either. :) I'm guessing he would be a totally different guy when he's out of his own environment and comfort zones since most of these kinds of guys are.

I agree, the times I have been able to listen to what he has to say he certainly seems to know what he is doing and like I said i do like the premise of the show. But.. just cant stand the bs. I would produce it differently and not go for the bickering entertainment. Hightlight the knowledge and leave out the OCC crap. I quit watching that show as well.... drama is for women.... let the merit of the work carry the show and for gods sake narrate with a professional voice instead of the gnat.

Listened to it for about 3 minutes.........Heard some guy preaching about his many many many many accolades, and he was only one out of a few in the world that knew how to do Such N' Such right. Garbage. Go on national TV to toot your own horn..Why? It's one thing to be good at something...It's another to have some Class and not walk around flaunting it. I've caught the flick here and there a couple times. Each time seemed to be the same story....me me me. Had enough after a few minutes and went back to working on my mopar.

Think they need a new intro song...

[video=youtube;HxUuDPNbkJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxUuDPNbkJk[/video]

Yall are all suckers. They have writers in the credits so it'a all bullshit entertainment. Yall are arguin about made up stuff.

Made up or real, who cares? Is it a product anyone wants to buy? If you're going to make stuff up, make stuff up that someone wants to sit through for 60 minutes.

I believe that they have to have all that crap, so that it is marketable for TV. I've heard that Mark would love to do a show just about the cars, but producers won't let it happen. All the crap is scripted and the banter between Darren and Holley is added to the mix for entertainment "value". In real life, Holley would probably have a case for sexual harassment. (Not that I am a proponent for lawsuits or think they are valid) .

You are right in the fact that the show has become an infomercial for the products and that is getting old. Yea, let's feature your product on national TV in return you give us the product. If we, any one of us here, would buy one of those cranes, or the blasting cabinet, would the president or owner of the company show up at our doorstep to help us put it together and show us how to work it? Yea, right.

If they were to remove just 50% of the BS and replace it with wheeler dealer style "this is what we did to fix this, and what we used to do that..." content...it would be a 100% better show.

Auto Transport Service
Back