• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Cars

I just watched the maraton on Velocity.

Season 2 seems a slight bit better than what I saw of season 1- at least now there's 10-15% of the show focused on the cars, instead of 5%.

I agree that it casts a very poor light on how they run the business.

If you just saw the cars and the work, I'm sure you'd be OK with it, but if you say the other BS, it might cause you to say "I don't want those idiots touching my car".

Unfortunately I know a lot of folks who tell me " I know a Mopar guy, and he's arogant as hell, etc..."
This show surely isn't helping break that stereotype.

Would you really keep a guy employed, friend or not, if he couldn't install a heater cable?

- - - Updated - - -

You know, it's too bad we have to have the Mopar crowd associated with petty bickering, one-upmanship, and constant putdowns.

Some of the other car shows, like fast and loud and counting cars do just fine with more car orented mix of writing and plot, without leaning too far to the drama side..

I just watched the maraton on Velocity.

Season 2 seems a slight bit better than what I saw of season 1- at least now there's 10-15% of the show focused on the cars, instead of 5%.

I agree that it casts a very poor light on how they run the business.

If you just saw the cars and the work, I'm sure you'd be OK with it, but if you say the other BS, it might cause you to say "I don't want those idiots touching my car".

Unfortunately I know a lot of folks who tell me " I know a Mopar guy, and he's arogant as hell, etc..."
This show surely isn't helping break that stereotype.

Would you really keep a guy employed, friend or not, if he couldn't install a heater cable?

- - - Updated - - -

You know, it's too bad we have to have the Mopar crowd associated with petty bickering, one-upmanship, and constant putdowns.

Some of the other car shows, like fast and loud and counting cars do just fine with more car orented mix of writing and plot, without leaning too far to the drama side..

REALLY ? you like fast and loud better a show about too flippers who are so stupid they never make any money when they sell a car
or Danny counts who is a con / rip off artist , who way over prices everything he sells or restores ???

I ended up DVRing the Graveyard episode the other night and I had to turn it off. I can't stand Mark and his "LittleMan" syndrome. I wish someone would just knock him out the next time he threatens one of his co-workers. I would love to go work for his business, cause as soon as he lipped off, I would be fired. So my employment would only be one day, if that. I love Mopars, but they don't show any restoration jobs. They only show Mark and his big mouth and then they go paint balling. Velocity needs to drop this show. how about a show on restoring Mopars, not bitchin like little girls?

been watching it ,but am able to just tune out some of the stupid comments ,maybe thats from being married to the same for 41 years, don't let her no I said that haha :head_smack:and I don't like either FnL or that stupid Count:weg:

I didn't say I liked them better, I said they have more car related and less drama related content.

One More Thing About Graveyard Carz....

001.jpgSome of you here are way too harsh when it comes to this show. Others are??? Well...I call it entertained at the very least. Me??? I actually like what they are trying to accomplish here for the MOPAR crowd. Rarely have we had any type of support in any of these so called "CAR SHOWS" that have been on the TV in the last say 10 years? Chevy Chevy, Chevy, Ford, Chevy, Chevy, well you get the picture. Now there is a MOPAR specific show on and some here feel that it is too over the top with all the bantering and mouthing off that takes place at their shop. How many here have ever worked for a Family business or worked with Friends who owned a business? The same type of thing takes place. Yes Mark is a bit of a whiner and complainer. Reminds me actually of myself. Growing up with 3 younger Brothers, we were always blaming each other when things went wrong. It's the easy out don't ya know? But in defense of these guys, they are actually trying to do something that most here can only dream and wish about. And I think they are pulling it off. I intently watch the actually assembly, repair, paint, etc. that goes into these builds of theirs as I want to get as much info as possible myself in order to make it easier on the build I am undertaking. Really and Truthfully...How many here have actually completely torn done to bare bones and then build back up a car. I dare say that there aren't as many here that have attempted such a thing. I have with my 1966 Plymouth Satellite build. And I am here to tell you it ain't any easy task. Graveyard Carz gives me not only the incentive to continue with my project, but I can garner some valuable info and tips as I watch this show. It has helped out tremendously. When people are as impassioned as Mark and his crew are about MOPARS then the eccentric and opinionated rhetoric becomes moot and we can allow them that freedom. Yes it is amateurish and immature at times. But when did we in this Hobby stop being "KIDS" who love cars? It shows in their shop banter and therefore gets put on the TV scene. As has been suggested here...If you don't like it, then quit your Bitchin and change the channel or record it so you can weed out the nonsense or what you don't like. The earlier poster that stated that he would enjoy going to work for them but if Mark or any one else were to mouth off to him, he would most likely only be employed for one day. You won't last very long in this working World with that type attitude. Most like you would get the stuffing beat out of you by the rest of them. That attitude won't get you very far either...IMHO. Finally...As they were finishing up the 71 Charger, and Mark was installing the rear side panels, I noticed that there wasn't any Vapor Barrier between the Panel and the interior Body. Now I don't know if it is correct or not, but I do know that there is almost always the Vapor sheet on pretty much all MOPARS. So you see..There is always something that can become knowledge with a show of this type....:headbang:

well it seems people are passionate about the show, in either way... Like/Love or Hate/Dislike... I personally see it as constructive criticism for the show, if they want to keep their viewers... I like "all the car shows", much better than the regular "crap", on most of TV channels, even when they aren't very well produced or portrayed, at least it's about cars, instead of some damn pregnant teenager, a hooker, a bunch of shoot em' up crap or the A-Typical - cops & lawyers shows, we have today....

I don't believe people are putting GC down its that all companys that are putting these shows on are adding stupid drama to them ,I don't think Mark and his coharts are dumb ,its the production company's want to add this for ratings,I would like to see Mark show where and who he uses for hardware supply's to be period correct , you no all the oem correct suppliers ,color correct items ,number stamps ,paint markers ,you no what I mean ,he claims to be a purist so show us all what goes in to it , lets make some good suggestions someone said Mark 's on here and watching give him and the production company some of our ideas lets be positive or they might just drop this show then what will we have no more mopar show just a thought :homework: plus what are all the books and refference material that he has that he uses':reading:

:laughing: Its this or watching some CSI rerun. Gee they solved another murder with a pubic hair and a spit wad!!!

:BSMeter:

I like the show. At least it's about Mopars and you gotta start somewhere. Give it a few more episodes. I would like it to follow the "Wheeler Dealer" blueprint a bit more but every show goes through some evolution I think.

It's been the #1 show on tuesday nights for a month now.

someone was asking the name of his regular Paint & Body shop it's "Welby's Collision & Paint " I think anyway....

Still better than chasing classic cars ........That guy def needs a gut punch ....should be called chasing exotic cars ....

Wayne the Flipper

Still better than chasing classic cars ........That guy def needs a gut punch ....should be called chasing exotic cars ....

:iamwithstupid: yep or just call him Flipper, Flipper...LOL..

What channel does it come on? If I don't get it, can I watch it on the internet?

Auto Transport Service
Back