• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Carz Fall 2015

Careful, I am sure there is some excuse as to why this doesnt occur?
Im sure there will be many , excuses , back pedeling , blaming and the like .

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless - I'm not changing my profile pic to the direction of the wind!!!

Gary
you my Sir , you are an enigma wrapped in a conundrum

you my Sir , you are an enigma wrapped in a conundrum[/QUOTE]

Thanx - Gary
IMG_1673.jpg

I visited Kounts Customs last April and was disappointed to be honest, the best part about the visit was that I got my picture taken with "Farmtruck" which was parked in the driveway on a trailer. As I said, out of all of these shows I like Bitchin' Rides the best. Chasing Classic Cars I like also but those cars are a different breed. I used to like Fast & Loud but the more I watched the less I liked....they are only in it for the money and not for the love of the cars. Graveyard Cars is in it for the preservation of the cars first money second. Laugh if you want but I really like Wheeler Dealers, yes they are only in it for the money but at the same time both guys are very knowledgeable and do repairs that can be done in most driveways.

I like wheeler dealers for the variety of cars they play with...
I like Chassing Classic Cars.... My daughter calls Wayne Carrini the "Car Widow Wisperer"
Foose's show is canned and has become almost too predictable.. Would be fun to watch him do a hot rod like he used to do every now and then.
Dream car garage is for dreamers... The home makeover people doing cars....
Bitchin rides is ..... Bitchin!

But,

I like the cheesiness of Mark Worman and his ADD approach to life and love of Mopars the best though.... Always fun to watch even if it takes some time to actually see his work between the clowning around... But that's my ADD talkin.

I like the show. No mopar is perfect and no human is perfect. such as life. I learn more about mopars from guys here and other places. I Surely don't claim to be an expert but a student here. I've visited a mopar graveyard on the east coast that no one knows about. I only know about it bcuz my dad sold his 69 factory 4 speed bee to him. All I know is mopar (past and present) are making alot of noise right now. And I love it!!!

When the obvious "face value" is not correct, then the little things being incorrect is a given!

where is hemiguy's pics to compare ? :rolling:

now is his chance to shine! :glasses9:

First off I don't need to shine...especially to some of the guys on this site, secondly while I think it is an amazing job that he has done with that car, I doubt it will ever be driven.My car will be driven as much as possible. Finally I don't think I would spend that kind of money on that car, but that's just my opinion...Well maybe if it was a numbers matching Hemi Charger....but there aren't too many of those ..are there???

I like the show. No mopar is perfect and no human is perfect. such as life. I learn more about mopars from guys here and other places. I Surely don't claim to be an expert but a student here. I've visited a mopar graveyard on the east coast that no one knows about. I only know about it bcuz my dad sold his 69 factory 4 speed bee to him. All I know is mopar (past and present) are making alot of noise right now. And I love it!!!
:toothy10:

Any opinions on tonight's episode?

What in the hell happened to that 440 with only 75 miles on it?!?!? Overheated to the point that the heater hose melted to the bracket & grenaded the lower end?!?!?!?!?

Sounds like Mark didn't know that there was a problem when he received it.

What in the hell happened to that 440 with only 75 miles on it?!?!? Overheated to the point that the heater hose melted to the bracket & grenaded the lower end?!?!?!?!?

Sounds like Mark didn't know that there was a problem when he received it.

Very sketchy story indeed! Acted like they didn't know but later in the episode he was told that it happened at idle??????

What about the error of putting the wrong color stripe on the charger??

Things like that happening and just as we said before ..What about the things you cannot see??? Now you have a grenaded 440 with no miles on it....Sure, pass blame on the machine shop or blame the coffee barista but remember..... Mark claims GYC to the be "The Best in the World."

I had to re-read 10 pages of this to catch up making sure I didn't over talk about something that's been spoken about in the preceeding 10 pages. I took a break from this thread too b/c of the negativity! However, the Sunroof Challenger Return show I have to opine on! The motor was said to have 67 miles on it, Mark admitted he build the top end, but, was responsible for the entire assembly. Certainly the owner went nuts on that motor thinking it a race motor running Nitromethane. I was interested to see if Mark 'owned' that motor, and he did! He said he donated a HP block, and steel crank, all expensive items and rather scarce these days (I got one, brand new when my grandfather ordered his 1970 Chrysler 300, he checked off the 440 TNT option, I got the car and the build sheet and the window sticker). Kudos to GYC for owning the f*** up be it customers fault or the shop's fault. Cogent advice given me from John Balow in person, face to face was "Take responsibility for your sub contractors mistakes and situations", looks like Mark adheres to this advice.

I wonder how many folks in this thread have actually taken these cars all the way down? I have. www.drblast.com and you'll see. I've media blasted close to, or over 100 (mainly Mopars) so far, all except 2 Rotisserie mounted (and those two I didn't want to do it that way, but, customers only wanted a partial blast, and I never do things half-a**), and I can tell you the engineering was good on these cars, the welds sucked on K Members, and once they're blasted they REALLY suck. So, point is when our car was originally built items like the Upper Control Arms, K Members, Seat Frames, etc were not coded to their respective car they were eventually married to. So, is it really important to get those items back -- as long as they're the same, right? Does it make the car more valuable to have these original parts re-installed? How would one know? Is it a crime?

I like seeing more of the cars' build, but miss the toilet humor and bantering with the old crew, and, miss Holly, the sexual tension was obvious between her and Daren.

In the Sunroof Challenger Returns episode, is the poor chap who is making Coffee you 4268Hemi? If so, funny stuff! Silly stuff, but entertaining!

The whole story on the sunroof Challenger coming back sounds fabricated. It was restored for a customer, then sold with 75 miles on it, then brought back to GYC for a check over before delivery to the NEW customer. With four guys leaned over the hood wondering why it wont start, they uncover that the motor has been scattered! Come on GYC guys, we didn't just fall off a stool! The car was put together, the motor came apart (at 6000RPM'S), then came back with a WTF note from the owner.

However, the Sunroof Challenger Return show I have to opine on! The motor was said to have 67 miles on it, Mark admitted he build the top end, but, was responsible for the entire assembly. Certainly the owner went nuts on that motor thinking it a race motor running Nitromethane. I was interested to see if Mark 'owned' that motor, and he did! He said he donated a HP block, and steel crank, all expensive items and rather scarce these days (I got one, brand new when my grandfather ordered his 1970 Chrysler 300, he checked off the 440 TNT option, I got the car and the build sheet and the window sticker). Kudos to GYC for owning the f*** up be it customers fault or the shop's fault. Cogent advice given me from John Balow in person, face to face was "Take responsibility for your sub contractors mistakes and situations", looks like Mark adheres to this advice.

I wonder how many folks in this thread have actually taken these cars all the way down? I have. [ !

Donny,

I am not sure if you realized but the sunroof challenger is being flipped.....Donating a motor is a good deed but also saves $$$ in that process.

You are correct. Stepping up and taking care of the mistake is good business practices but did that appease the seller???? Thats the unknown here! At GYC that phenomena happens A LOT every season!

I have blood, sweat, and beers in the many ground up restorations I have done.....Those days are over, thankfully....I grew sick and tired of maneuvering rotisseries, painting, parts, and media blasting with a pressure pot/blast cabinet. Been there done that....Thats why some of us here do not settle for mediocre/novice workmanship....

I need to see the episode again,but,it appears that the rod or rod bolt failed.Those poor rods have been through hell for 45 years.And then to run the hell out out of it,we've all done it and most survive but there is always the one time.Idling along and heard a 'tink' then it quit? yea right.Hammered on it.I loved Marks physical analogy of what happened!

The story that it just happened at idle later in the show sounds fishy. Also they are trying to starting it a then discover the broken block and pan but not oil on the motor or k frame or floor??? Yeah right I know how much cleaning is involved when an engine BREAKS not just spins a bearing.
Regardless Mark says he donated a block crank and rods? Maybe but the shipper's insurance will surely have to compensate.

He uses the Dave Wise guides like every car should have those exact markings and that just is simple wrong it's a "guide". They still managed to put the Dana P/N tag on the wrong axle tube too.

I watch the show I like see Mopar Cars but he still is on a large learning curve.
Ron

Throwing the crank was epic. I think they mentioned early on the transport driver said it quit. It sounds like it lost coolant & got hammered while hot.

Auto Transport Service
Back