• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great News for 71-74 Charger guys!!!

drobertson

Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
AMD is starting to make power bulge and ramcharger hoods for the 71-4 Chargers. I'm sooo glad, as I've been looking for one forever, and now rust won't be an issue finding one. What do you guys think? AMD is said to be the best by many on this forum.... I'd like to see 73-4 fenders, too, personally, and 73-4 RR hoods.

AMD_Hoods_12345.jpg

now all we need is fenders and doors and cowl/firewall replacements :thumbsup: just like the e body's have

They announced fenders a few years ago, but then cancelled.

I think they could probably do just a 71 fender and 72-74 guys would still buy them and graft on marker panels and dog legs.

I would like to see someone offer a reasonably priced hood insert for those hoods.

AMD is starting to make power bulge and ramcharger hoods for the 71-4 Chargers. I'm sooo glad, as I've been looking for one forever, and now rust won't be an issue finding one. What do you guys think? AMD is said to be the best by many on this forum.... I'd like to see 73-4 fenders, too, personally, and 73-4 RR hoods.

View attachment 361809
Each year had a different style of hood. I wonder if they will reproduce each type of hood or just one generic power bulge hood.

The price is going to be threw the roof I guarantee that some fenders and 1/4's would be nice

I no longer have a '71 charger, but another weak rust point I remember is the trunk lids!
ALL of those gen chargers need them!

Rooof skiiins! Every 71/74 2 doors ( Plymouth and Dodge ) uses the same piece!!!
I've heard that you're an expert on 3rd gen chargers. If I have questions during my build, do you mind if I PM you for answers? Thanks.

I don't consider myself an expert, just have learnt a bit building mine to not make mistakes, which being overseas would be really expensive mistakes LOL. Thanks for your words.

Yes you can PM anytime

I don't consider myself an expert, just have learnt a bit building mine to not make mistakes, which being overseas would be really expensive mistakes LOL. Thanks for your words.

Yes you can PM anytime
Alright I will sometime. I have seen your posts on several forums, and from what I see, you're quite respected and knowledgeable. Is that your 74 in your profile pic?

Wow! That's incredible. Is it dark green or black? I can't really tell.

B9 blue. Not used in USA for B bodies but C bodies. Here in Venezuela it was available on B bodies. Assemblied locally, not imported

Original stripe was red/yellow gradated and reflective stripe. Want it back but phoenix graphics repro doesn't convince me. Have a NOS set to try to reproduce it, but with the local economichal crisis is imposible now.

Will get back same rallye stripe than in the picture. Reflective white

Auto Transport Service
Back