• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great News for 71-74 Charger guys!!!

image.jpeg

It custom, made locally with 3M 680 vinyl. Originally just solid black and the three reflective and phasered colors ( "Gold", "copper" and red ) were the ones availables.

Nacho's got a lot of good tech info.

Let's keep it on the board, so everyone can benefit.

I used an eBody firewall on my charger. The heater box needs modifications but thats it.

Fenders would be GREAT and of course every other part lacking :)

Nacho's a great person who answered some dash wiring questions for me when I was doing my 72 Charger dash.

They announced fenders a few years ago, but then cancelled.

I think they could probably do just a 71 fender and 72-74 guys would still buy them and graft on marker panels and dog legs.

It would be more than that, 71-72 fenders vs 73-74 had different wheel well openings. But unless you were an expert you could have a 73 fender on a 72 Charger and it would look the same except for the height of the upper arch of the wheel well opening.

That's my point.

I think 73/74 guys would be happy to get metal fenders that bolt on and aren't rusty or dented in hard to fix areas.

I've seen both swaps and it isn't to terribly bad without mods.

Fix the markers and dog leg body line and no one will notice an extra inch of wheel opening.

Plus they'd be catering the "high dollar" 71 market, 72 would just have the marker light to replace, and 73/74 would have that and the dog leg.

If they were smart, they'd also make 73 and up marker light panels and 73/74 dog legs and they'd probably have a decent market for those even if people didn't need whole fenders.

The diff is not just the wheel opening height, its at radiator support bolting provisions ( don't match ) and front splash shields area are way diff too. I wouldn't ever install a 72 fender on my 74... EVER!

Dog legs ara available from Autobody specialties. And are the same for all 71/74s

Last edited:
You'll find in fact a LAAAAARGE gap between radiator core support and fender area what should attach to this, if you try to fit a 71/72 fender to 73/74 Charger. Tires will be visible throught the opening left by this assembly.

Interesting.

I swear I've seen them swapped, although I'm not 100% sure which way.

It's doable but a pain as stated things don't line up . A few mods but we got to do it if we want fenders

Interesting.

I swear I've seen them swapped, although I'm not 100% sure which way.
Yes is a fact they fit and match outside but inside some areas won't match to fit them correctly attached at every point

Auto Transport Service
Back