• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Envy

Remember Cliff I made everything for mine with a tiny vice, 2ea. 2x4s [in the vice], a 3 inch round piece of sewer pipe and a hammer. Oh and no idea how to make anything I made or how to weld it in but I was able to muddle thru and it came out pretty good I suppose. I started with a gallon of Dura glass and a half full bottle of glazing putty I ended up with 1/4 gallon of Dura glass and a1/4 bottle of putty on the entire car I suppose I did ok. you'll get'er it just takes time I worked my as off for months never seeing any progress then one night it hit me after that it was a breeze to just pick a spot and work on it till its finished then move on [don't start too many at once] that'll discourage you [I did that] but I overcame I would do two areas at a time so while one was drying I would work on the other! Glad to see your still slaving away at it keep up the good work!!!!

Thanks Lou,
I should have kept in touch,but you know how life takes over. Also I lost your phone number. Hope everything is well, Have you picked up a new project?

That is some serious, I mean serious, detail sharing. I admire you, go for it.

After my dentist appointment yesterday, I went and picked up my 440 and 727. Now my question is is this safe to remove this casting flash in the last picture?

100_4550-600.jpg100_4547-600.jpg100_4546-600.jpg100_4545-600.jpg100_4548-600.jpg100_4549-600.jpg

This build is dead.

100_4568-600_zpsc78e7eb9.gif

- - - Updated - - -

I'm tired of trying to save a car that don't want to be saved.

Sorry to hear this Cliff, what happened to that looks like it got hit! I have came to the same conclusion on rebuilding another car I just ain't got the energy, patence and most of all money to do another right now. I may or may not redo my cuda only time will tell!!!

Sorry to hear this Cliff, what happened to that looks like it got hit! I have came to the same conclusion on rebuilding another car I just ain't got the energy, patence and most of all money to do another right now. I may or may not redo my cuda only time will tell!!!

Looks like someone glued some sheetmetal over the rear quarter panel. I just need a better body at a later date. Your Cuda is a nice car should be a easy resto.

It's got some issues that are hiding that I have caught glimpses of so before I tackle it I got to purchase a few tools [welder, shrinker/stretcher, blast cabinet, metal break/roller, plenshing hammer, English wheel] so I can make better patches and fabricate more intricate patches. I like the metal fabrication/welding part the body work and sanding sucks but gotta take the good with the bad!!!!

Rebel, Sorry to hear it! salvage what you can and another body may come along. seems to be some cars with no title. I get alot of calls from guys just wanting to buy a title & dash vin plate. I suspect they are picking these cars up cheap because the cant get a title.

Rebel, Sorry to hear it! salvage what you can and another body may come along. seems to be some cars with no title. I get alot of calls from guys just wanting to buy a title & dash vin plate. I suspect they are picking these cars up cheap because the cant get a title.

Thanks, I will find another Charger one day but I doubt it will be cheap.

This build is dead.

100_4568-600_zpsc78e7eb9.gif

- - - Updated - - -

I'm tired of trying to save a car that don't want to be saved.

Cliff, This kind of hit hard when i seen it with all the enthusiasm and determination your posts always seemed to relay! I understand and its my hope you find one that is in better condition that you'll be able to build and enjoy.. I, years ago had a Chevelle that was in super bad shape, to look at it overwhelming and intimidating were great words and its funny the area you show (still like to meet the nut that tried to repair it) that i assume was the last straw i was dealing with at the time, I got ticked off and and it almost even cost me my marriage with the time and money i was using and maybe i should have let it go myself. Good luck when the searching for another starts!!!

Thanks Ron but it will be a long while before I look for another car. I have decided to retro mod my Cordoba which is in the 75-79 forums.

Good to hear your doing the Cordoba! That will be fun and ill be watching!

Auto Transport Service
Back