• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Envy

lol, no hate at all, in fact i meant the complete opposite, incredibly impressed
its all good man, your pic was hilarious and made me laugh. just looking out for Cliff, hes taken a crapload of heat for taking on a huge project , which i commend him for.

Congrats Rebel on the Redneck mansion,you can always add a garage, i did all i had was a 30 foot carport and it turned into a 45 garage [took a few years] but it has turned out to be a excellent addition.

Thanks Lou. But the owner won't let me without a building permit.

its all good man, your pic was hilarious and made me laugh. just looking out for Cliff, hes taken a crapload of heat for taking on a huge project , which i commend him for.
Absolutly, much respect, i sure wouldnt dive into that big of a project and he sure as hell is making it work! just trying to get some laughs in!

Glad to know all northern cars have rust and mine is not special. What engine do you plan on installing? I have most of the same rust, Just make sure you treat it all once repaired so it not as likely to happen again. Holy crap that video, DO THE REPAIRS PROPERLY, A proper repair contains NO Bondo, Yes it possible and not really that hard either. Good luck with the car, can't wait to seem more photos

I would like to see a STRAIGHT car with out filler. I'm here to say right now It can't be done. Decent maybe, window glass straight never. The factory panels are lousy to start with. I guess it depends on your concept of straight. No sense packing it with $300 a gallon primer when a skim coat is both more durable,flexible, and far less expensive. Don't get me wrong. Quality metal work precedes final body work. Don't be afraid of a little filler. here' 3 pics. Start,bare metal,paint
Doug

Yeah Rob I bought a mobile home. At least at my old place I had a garage.

Cliff, I put up a 18-20 carport that was supposed to be for my wife, She wouldn't use it so i went to a sawmill down the road apiece and bought some rough cut lumber and then some plywood and enclosed it with a 8 Ft door to drive in (pushing it) and a entrance door and it was one cheap garage but serves its purpose well, If i had it to do again i would have went 18-24, Im ok side to side but if you have major work in the front or back with 20 feet i have to pull the car up or back to have some comfortable room, I only have about 2300 in it and then the lighting and insulated the cieling, makes it a small but great little shop for a price that worked out great.. I used 2 8 ft florescence lights, and some smaller ones for sides to be able to see good when doing body work, Something to think about if you can do it, outright the car port was i think almost 800 bucks and they come out and put it up, then the rest take your time and soon you'll be in business.. I agree with fla 66 cuda, surprising what you can come up with fairly reasonable! Good luck..

You can pretty much see doors are a hoot backing in or out with a 73 with "fat hips" :)

Road_Runner_and_Camaro_246_(Medium) (Small).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I was told you don't need the building permit for one, enclosing it could be different but they arent that bad to buy (price for permit). Im only going on the laws here mind you but think you could manage it..

- - - Updated - - -

I just remembered, A old timer i knew put one up in the boro of town and didn't need a permit, but he only had back and sides put up! You may want to do some checking, ya may be surprised!

You may have some work ahead of ya sir, But what you said, "she is worth saving to me" It will grow to be special to you, I would bet on that. You like it, You have the enthusiasm, and its one of the sleekest looking Charger style's. I mean no disrespect hear, It may not be the S-Bee or R/T but there quite the looker when finished... Good luck in the resto, i hope you will update us with your progress!

Get a life Ron 73, He can make this look like a Super Bee R/T.. What da matter with ya, you did it (well, close)! Well it is the truth and this project needed updated! :) Get your welder yet Rebel? I just ordered me a new Mig, nothing spectacular just enough to put me in a bigger hole with money i recently borrowed, had to have it though..

Get a life Ron 73, He can make this look like a Super Bee R/T.. What da matter with ya, you did it (well, close)! Well it is the truth and this project needed updated! :) Get your welder yet Rebel? I just ordered me a new Mig, nothing spectacular just enough to put me in a bigger hole with money i recently borrowed, had to have it though..
What welder did you buy?

Nice you will like that Lincoln. I had none but not any more.

Im going to buy an automatic lighting helmet when i get caught up some, this one comes with a shield but i do have my old welders helmet, needs new lens though..

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, your fast, Ok, i thought you were getting one, must have been someone else! sorry bout that!

Im going to buy an automatic lighting helmet when i get caught up some, this one comes with a shield but i do have my old welders helmet, needs new lens though..

Buy a good one not one of those cheap ones from HF

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, your fast, Ok, i thought you were getting one, must have been someone else! sorry bout that!

I did get one but it had to take it back

Oh, i see, No i wont get one from HF, i learned my lesson long ago, I bought one good tool from them, a code reader and it works great, i think, my son in laws have it more then I do.. But it saved me a lot of time on my Ram, i cant argue about that tool, ive had it for a year and a half and i do like it, ill be buying the automatic at a local welders supply when i go up to get some other things ill be needing.. I hope you get one soon, cant wait to see you updating Green Envy! Thanks..

Auto Transport Service
Back