• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grill screw holes stripped and Need Hood insert Bell Nuts

rog_allen

Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys what have you done or what would you suggest ,? We are fitting my grill back in and a couple screw holes are slightly stripped ... do i dare just put some type super glue on threads and call it good ? they do grab a little ....... Im scared if I put next size bigger screw in it may split plastic

Also Im looking for the bell nuts that hold hood inserts on, anyone have a set or a web address to where I can buy them ?
Or does any one have a picture they cold post of the bell nuts ? mainly the end ones
Thank you
bumper on.jpg
Rog

this is what you need
4 of each
what part of the grille is stripped?
some of it is screwed into plastic pieces that are on the grille brackets
and the center grille should have 4 metal inserts
at the end of each screw hole.
they are often missing and hard to find.
20160606_210225_zpstcnt9pwu.jpg

the often missing center and lower grille insert
007_zpsmmvnetrd.jpg

010_zpsahfuwtyh.jpg

If you have stripped plastic holes.... see if you can find a syringe & needle, mix up some 2-component clear epoxy for plastic, mix it quick (sets up fast) and inject it into plastic holes. After a couple days to make sure it's completely cured, you can re-drill a hole in the epoxy and let your screws re-tap it for you, just like when the grill was new.

OOOHHHH YAAA !!!!!!! you guys found them!!!! yesssssssssssss !!!!! thank you thank thank you !!!!! all of you rock !!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a great Mopar Day
Rog

would these bell nutes work on a superbee hood insert as well ?

Also have them at Wilson Products (?) too. Either way, they're $20 each

Auto Transport Service
Back