• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GTX Vin

KB9GIB

Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
I’ll get a better picture later. Check the vin out there is the letter A where a one should be anyone seen this before? Thanks
1D68F84B-0EF9-4345-8061-BD6301239060.png

I see RS23L9A1xxxxx. (Can't see the last five digits)
So, 69 gtx hardtop, lynch road built, #1 in first place of six number digits, makes it a fairly early build, probably 68 calender year. I don't see a one, where a letter should be.

Looks like "RS23L9A" and then numbers to me too...which would be correct.

Looks like "RS23L9A" and then numbers to me too...which would be correct.
I’m confused I guess. The title has a 1 where the vin has the letter A so I say the title has a misprint. Just got this car no fender tag I don’t know if it’s worth fixing I know it will need frame replaced I’ll post some pictures when I can. Thanks for the help KB9GIB

Yes, likely the title has the error. The 9 is the year (69) followed by a letter designation of the assembly plant (A = Lynch Road), as stated earlier in this thread.

Thanks for your help everyone

Ahh so yes as the Sarge stated, it would seem there's just a type-O on the title. I wouldn't even worry about it.

Wouldn't be the first time DMV made an error!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back