• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GTX won't shut off

Check the plugs on the harness to make sure the wires match on both sides. Ive had two harnesses recently from M&H where they were messed up and had to move pins. Is this a black car you got from Stan?

Glad to see it going back together. Maybe I'll catch you at a show!

I have a Hemi with a new M&H engine wiring harness that suffered from the EXACT same issue. The connector on the RH valve cover that connects the alternator/horn wires to the rest of the harness had a small (almost non-existent) short. When it would short, it would send batt power to the coil - so that the engine never stopped. It was a bitch to diagnose, but finding/fixing it solved the problem.

Thanks for the input. It's really a pisser because the car shut off fine for about the first 3 times that I turned the key off. The car starts and runs great (broke the motor in on a test stand). I thought everything was fine and then it started to not shut off and has been doing it ever since. I will go through the harness connector and see if I've got an issue. It's just so damn hot in Phoenix right now, it really limits the amount of time I can spend on the car. It is impossible to work on it when I get home from work. My inside garage temperature is about 125-130 degrees by 5 o'clock. This pushes everything back to a weekend when I can get out early. Hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow morning.

FIXED!!! Thanks for all the suggestions. And the culprit was... The brand new engine wiring harness fromM&H. As was suggested above by YO7 Roadrunner, the special hemi only connector on the harness was wired incorrectly. They had the field and power wires crossed on the alternator side of the connector. Once I looked at it and saw the issue it was fixed in 5 minutes. Car starts, runs and shuts off as expected!! Hope to take it around the block soon. Have to still install the front windshield.

Really tough problem to solve. Good calls by:
davek post #10
69hemibeep post#21
YORoadrunner post #24

Auto Transport Service
Back