• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guess what I found in my dumpster? 9-27-21 edition

YY1

Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
Container full of 1/2 EMT conduit connectors.

20210918_142809.jpg

...and this DeWalt 20v drill !!

20210926_152521.jpg

It's fairly modern. They still sell batteries but...

battery is $66!! and charger is $175!!!

OUCH.

Now you know why it was in the dumpster.

Yeah, how much is a whole new drill kit? Usually something on a "special" for 100 bucks or so? Maybe the drill is broken.....

Those EMT connectors will come in handy.

You can get off brand batt for the DeWalt they work great and a bunch cheaper

BTW that's a drill motor. The drill is what you put in the chuck.
Stanley Black and Decker accessories are spendy!

Container full of 1/2 EMT conduit connectors.

View attachment 1172880

...and this DeWalt 20v drill !!

View attachment 1172881

It's fairly modern. They still sell batteries but...

battery is $66!! and charger is $175!!!

OUCH.
You could buy an off brand battery and charger cheaper? Get the battery number go to amazon and search the battery number without dewalt in the search.

Nice to see another scavenger...I have a small waste transfer station out in the rural area I live in and I hit the dumspters all the time for treasures. Yesterday I recycled about 20 lead acid car/quad/mower batteries and a couple brass/copper radiators I scavenged...got nearly $200!

BTW that's a drill motor. The drill is what you put in the chuck.
Stanley Black and Decker accessories are spendy!
No! a drill BIT is what you put into the drill motor.

Clutch is probably stripped out on the drill . Borrow a battery first if you can and try it.

My friend used to have a dumpster business after he retired from the fire department. He sometimes would have to get a dumpster to a house,usually on the expensive side of town, where the last remaining parent had died. The “children “ would come down and get rid of most everything in the house before it went up for sale. Fishing rods and reels, golf clubs, tools, clothes, there was once a complete sailboard outfit. Then there was the downside where the dumpster came from a house under construction and there would be a foot or two of concrete hardened in the bottom.

No! a drill BIT is what you put into the drill motor.
Nope.
A bit goes into a BRACE.

What is that thing that has a pedestal with a vertical post and a motor on top with a spindle and a DRILL CHUCK used to drill holes?

I've been more than happy with my Porter-Cable 20v drill that also came with two batteries, a skill type saw and a jig saw and a light (and I also found a 1/4" impact).

Unfortunately batteries are getting hard to find. I did buy a second charger on mark down for $20, and then went to all the Lowes in my area looking for other marked down items from that series. IIRC I paid $149 for that kit right before hurricane Irma.

Nice to see another scavenger...I have a small waste transfer station out in the rural area I live in and I hit the dumspters all the time for treasures. Yesterday I recycled about 20 lead acid car/quad/mower batteries and a couple brass/copper radiators I scavenged...got nearly $200!

I saw 3 car batteries sitting by the curb down the street from my mom's house.
Was in a hurry but really wanted to pick them up.
Last year it would have been $12 a piece at the scrap yard.

I routinely remove and replace 12v emergency light and battery backup batteries at work.
There for a while I was getting $3.50 a piece for them
If I took my scooter to the scrap yard, it was quite lucrative.
IIRC I got 75 cents each last time and haven't taken any since.

Just replaced three windows for my house. It took about 4 months to get them. Disassembled the old frames, removed the glass, cut the glass down to manageable size and disposed of that. Took the aluminum frame pieces to the scrap metal place and got about nine dollars. Probably have about four hours work total over a couple of days. The alternative would have been to drive across the county to the landfill and pay to get rid of the windows.

Auto Transport Service
Back