• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guess Which Cam

vektro69

Local time
9:12 PM
Reaction score
I recently bought a 1969 Super Bee. Originally, a 383 4 speed car, it's now an A12 clone, with a 440 six pack. The motor has been modified, and here is all I know.

It has a 447-cid RB block, 10:1 Mopar Performance pistons, Mopar Performance solid lifter cam and adjustable rockers and 452 heads. The heads have been ported and fitted with oversize valves, and empty into Hooker competition headers. A Mopar steel crankshaft has been installed. Completely rebuilt in 2002, the engine has been dyno-tested at 520-hp.

All that is nice, but I don't know which Mopar cam was used. It was done 3 owners ago, and I can't locate him to find out. I want to adjust the valve lash, but don't know what specs to use.

So, based on the build info I have, which cam would you guess was used, or what specs should I go by?

Thanks

IF it really is a Mopar Performance flat tappet solid lifter cam, there are six Mopar Performance flat tappet solid lifter cams, four of them use the same hot valve lash, .028" intake and .032" exhaust. Two of them use .024"/.028", but they are .654" and .690" lift cams are not likely to be used on a street 6-bbl car.

Thanks! That's just the info I needed. Why nobody kept the spec card, is beyond me. This should get pretty close. Thanks for the reply.

Auto Transport Service
Back