• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Haggerty article about waning collector car values.

I just watched a video about Classic Auto values from a British perspective. Their current law will not allow driving a fossil fuel powdered vehicle in a few decades; No sales of them before that. In addition to legal constraints, numbers of driver's license applications have fallen year after year because of the environmentally minded youth and a lack of enthusiasm for driving.

Other considerations were discussed.

I had Hagerty for some 20 years and thankfully never had to make a claim; members have said they have been good to work with. I've upped the value three times without any pushback and no restrictions on driving it.

I've had Hagarty since 1996. One big claim on four vehicles after a 2003 tornado. Two windshield claims recently. No problems with them at all. Highly recommend them.

Just try to get towing on a weekend going through an answering service.

Yup, I've provided scathing critiques to Hagarty regarding the long, long waits I've had for tow service in the past couple of years. In fact, I've told them when I call, that two different tow companies they've summoned before, I refuse to use. Both companies were nearly three HOURS before they bothered to show up. Hagarty does a poor job in vetting tow services. I had great service the past two times, however.

$1.5 tril is to infrastructure. And as of today? That's the only part that has passed? The "Build back" part is stuck. (That's the more confusing part of this budget proposal.) But it does favor families with kids. If your kids are grown and past that as I am? The "Build back" plan is not as favorable. Fortunately I'm not in need of subsidiary assistance. But understand there are MANY younger struggling families that do.

Is this the job for government? That is a whole other debate topic. Current administration believes it is. Opponents believe it's not.

Infrastructure spending.......means that all the democratic govt. people will get their driveways paved....paid for by the taxpayers.

Ca will soon try to outlaw riding a horse. Just wait!
Electric powered tractors is next. Not talking about "lawn" tractors either!

Well, I’ve been to the last two Goodguys shows and can say I saw a large number of twenty and Thirty something driving old cars. A large number driving nice street rods. Recently went to a rat rod event. Lots of young people with families. I think the car culture is going to make a change but it’s not going to die.

I guess you could say I'm young one here just turning over 40. Most younger people here in my area (Indiana) aren't really that interested especially the 20 somethings and 30 somethings. Most of the individuals I see driving classics are men usually aged in their 50s-70s here. It was also the same when I lived in North Dakota.

Newer cars are better but, more complex and a pain to work on. Plus there's something about a classic with the burbling V8, 70s interior smell, steering with two fingers, and looking over a long hood. The car that simulates the closest to driving an older car is the Scat Pack Shaker Challenger I rode in. I could see classic car values wane for most cars because of the ideologies that are being pushed upon the younger generation about cars along with the price of fuel and the current affordability gap compared to years past.

My GTX (I believe) is under insured at $25k? I chose this because I have $23k of my own money into the car. Thus seemed logical. I have not considered or made adjustments to the increase in values that has occurred over the past 3 years. I have had cars that have held or ticked up in value before. But not at this rate?

I can't even imagine the Gen II Charger owner? My car has increased in last 3 years nearly 50%. Charger? More than 100%?

It's a mad mad world?

Back in the 1980's I wanted a 1940 ford coupe. At the time a nice one was 10k to 15k, I thought well I will just wait until these old guys die off. Forty years later I still waiting on picking one up cheap. At this point I don't think it is going to happen. There is always some guy ready to build another building to fill up with old cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back