• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy 50th Super bee

horace

Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score
superbee.7.jpg
Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of owning this Bee I ordered May 7, 1969. It only took 21 days to get it!!
The AVS still works perfectly never worked on, the Torqueflie has never been opened nor has the rear diff. It has 68,00 miles, not many miles ago I finally replaced the linings on the drum brakes.
I bounced between auto & 4spd but I ordered it on a day I favored the auto. Power steering would really be nice parking @ car shows or parking it in my shed. The options I ordered in '69 would differ from '19 s choices. I eventually put a factory 8 track in the car. Kept track of every drop of gas & oil change.

superbee.6.jpg

Not many people will accomplish that feat. How many times have you been offered your money back? Congratulations.

Not many people will accomplish that feat. How many times have you been offered your money back? Congratulations.

I’d give him double what he paid for it.

Owning a car for 50 years is pretty darn cool. I sold mine after 27 years, it still stings a little.
Congratulations!!

Congrats. Mad Dogs and Englishmen own black cars!

I friggin LOVE that car! Congrats on the anniversary and on being the best kind of steward!

Ok,time to change fluids!!! 51yrs on my Bee and fluid changes have happened numerous times. Ya gotta change that crap sometime! Congrats, Jeff. By the way, location?

Congratulations, cool story. Why or how is the mileage so low ? Is it the original paint too, or was it restored at one time ?

I drove it in dry weather 'til about 74, bought a new Power Wagon drove that. When the guys came along I didn't want squashed crackers & melted candy in the seats so, it sat for some years. MN is not conducive to operating old cars yr around. I see there are a couple other long ownership cars here. Thx for all the comments! 68,198 last nite
build.4.jpg
over the yrs.5.jpg

To do it over again
1 buy a used 68 Charger 383 or
2 see if I could have gotten Bahama Yellow (Butterscotch) color, a 6PACK only color, but it was getting late in the year
3 loose the scoops, console, add 3.55 performance axle pkg, add power steering, getting tough to herd it into parking spots, ah 8 track, AIR CONDITIONG

Very nice.
The scoops are what make these cars so attractive. Just my opinion but the scoops were a gteat option.

That's a cool story! Is the dealership where you bought it still around? Would be funny to still bring it in for lifetime oil changes 50 years later & still going strong.

Thats so awesome. I think of all the changes in my life and being able to keep a car like that for that amount of time has to mean there is more to the story of just the car!!!!

interior.jpg
I'd like to hear the stories of other ONE owner cars. My has chips here & there NO rust, a couple minor dents. I had to have those scoops 50 yrs ago but are pain when washing the car ALWAYS dripping water, they should have sold them w/ a disclaimer. The car had 65656.5 miles in 2007, 68,200 now.

Love the interior contrast color. Sweet! You are not driving it enough. Put ac in and drive it. The kids won’t care, and they will sell it to a lucky buyer. My goal is to wear mine out before that happens.

2500 miles in 12 years! Got that much this year.

you certainly checked the right boxes on the color choice :thumbsup:
nice ride

Auto Transport Service
Back