• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beginning my 68 super bee restoration

Actually Ed, when I bought mine ; there were 6 sitting in a row by the garage. One was blue with no stripes, just the circle & Bee.(all 6 were gone in a month!)
Thanks. I wasn't actually aware the stripe delete option was available for the half-year run of 68's.

Got the shifter I have on and adjusted. It works ok. I did some investigating and it's a hurst super shifter for muncie and t10. It has the numbers 8779 stamped on the front of the body. I'm assuming this isn't going to work for a 68 superbee no console and and bench seat. Anyone familiar with this particular setup? Thanks

View attachment 1633113
I have the install/adjust instructions for my Hurst shifter on Fred's 18-spline if you think it would be of any
use. Gotta figure out how to send a PDF file on this forum, though:
hurst instructions.jpg
I'll be happy to forward the PDF file of the instructions if you like?

Dan Brewer sent me some mock-up pics he made for me a while back as well to help with rod orientation
and such:
shifter linkage from brewers 2 3-27-17.jpg
shifter linkage from brewers 3-27-17.jpg

I have the install/adjust instructions for my Hurst shifter on Fred's 18-spline if you think it would be of any
use. Gotta figure out how to send a PDF file on this forum, though:
View attachment 1633138
I'll be happy to forward the PDF file of the instructions if you like?

Dan Brewer sent me some mock-up pics he made for me a while back as well to help with rod orientation
and such:
View attachment 1633142
View attachment 1633143
I can definitely tell by your pictures that my shifter rods are all different. I looked at a new version of my shifter and it's definitely a muncie setup that I have. I guess I will be buying a new shifter from Brewer's. It's ok though as I like the pistol grip and what better excuse to get one.I knows it's not correct for 68 but I like it.

I can definitely tell by your pictures that my shifter rods are all different. I looked at a new version of my shifter and it's definitely a muncie setup that I have. I guess I will be buying a new shifter from Brewer's. It's ok though as I like the pistol grip and what better excuse to get one.I knows it's not correct for 68 but I like it.
Oh, I should have mentioned that the rods in Dan's pics were actually some he made himself, as opposed to
actual Hurst shifter ones - but the point of the pics was the same, namely helping me to orient my own shifter
on my car since I was putting the car back together without aid of any diagrams or what have you.

Auto Transport Service
Back