• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy Birthday Elvis

I was all shook up reading this thread. :eek: oh ho ho...... :rolleyes:

Wife and I visited Graceland on the anniversary of his passing back in 1990. It was packed that day.

my youngest son shares his birthday, went to graceland in the late 90's he grew up listening to him at his grandpa's house growing up, went to a birthday gala for elvis when we were down there, sat at a table with Scotty Moore, told the emcee that it was my son's birthday also, they brought him up on stage he was doing elvis moves jerkin around, crowd loved it, got back to the hotel room that night and my son made the local news. Way cool memories for us.

Now, all these years later, I can see that I missed nothing being like them. Later, I found out that a couple turned into full fledged alcoholics.
Not all of us, some of us that pushed the envelope, made it to the finish line first. How's the song go, you have to know when to hold them and know when to fold them. :poke::thumbsup:

Elvis came to Mpls one time for a concert. I was never then or now a concert goer. I’ve only been to one in my whole life - Whitney Houston - that concert was at the time OJ did his thing and the trial was going on. Both his son and daughter were there - they had roses sent up on stage to her and she had the house lights shined on them and she sang to them. I’ve got to tell you no matter the rep she had for short gigs on the stage - that night she sang for a very long time and blew the roof off the Honda Center. Incredible.

Back to Elvis - A couple I know to this day - I was best man in their Wedding, went to see him downtown. I regret to this day I didn’t go with them when I had the chance. That‘s one that I know I missed. He seemed like such a good person. His gospel music, love for his mother. A beautiful person lost in this ugly world and scammed by some ugly people - Col Parker and the rest. Loved by so many millions and still for many more generations to come - yet he always felt alone. A very sad story for such a man.

We shan't forget he raced the best mopar ever.
Screenshot_20240109_123139_Chrome.jpg

Yes he was a bit of a Mopar guy too.

he seemed to like dodge trucks for his farm - the Circle G ranch
1704826668608.png
1704826714219.png

Just watched the 2022 movie Elvis last month for the first time

Had no idea who Colonel Tom Parker was until I watched this movie
Tom Hanks and Austin Butler where fantastic

Had no idea you could lose that much money gambling

They said in the movie Elvis was basically broke because of him

Auto Transport Service
Back