• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy Birthday Elvis

jprather

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:19 AM
Reaction score
man, its hard to imagine Elvis at 89, Today would have been his 89th bday. been gone now 47 years now, there will never be another.

after all these years, any so much speculation, it looks like Alpha One Antitrypsin may have been the cause of his death, his mothers and Lisa Marie

As w/many of us - I remember crystal clearly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news on the radio. That recent movie of his life was absolutely brilliant - largely due to the casting of the guy that played Elvis. That is extremely difficult to find someone that can pull off a part like that and have you almost like you’re truly watching the King. I’m not a big fan of Will Smith - but I thought he too did a masterful job at pulling off Muhammad Ali. Those are too rare exceptions when doing those types of bios.

I have to agree, although his performance was not flawless, I had to remind myself several times, he was actor portraying E.!

I guess we will just never let him RIP!!! I just do not get it at all... cr8crshr/Bill:praying::praying::praying::usflag::usflag::usflag:

He's still pumping fuel at a Union 76 up in WI.

I’m sure you have - BTW where do you get your smoke n toke?
Although growing up in a low-class, drug-infested neighborhood, I've never smoked or ingested any type of drug ever. I'd only smoked... TIRES

Although growing up in a low-class, drug-infested neighborhood, I've never smoked or ingested any type of drug ever. I'd only smoked... TIRES
Good for you - Me either. In spite of enormous peer pressure from all friends. Wouldn’t do the deed no matter what they did or said. For many years since we’ve all gotten past that they all say how much they respect me for standing against the wind…. Most of them have also been thru treatment - some more than once - some are no longer with us…. Never a regret on my part.

Good for you - Me either. In spite of enormous peer pressure from all friends. Wouldn’t do the deed no matter what they did or said. For many years since we’ve all gotten past that they all say how much they respect me for standing against the wind…. Most of them have also been thru treatment - some more than once - some are no longer with us…. Never a regret on my part.
In Brooklyn, it was tough. I'd had friends die of overdoses and infected needles back in the day, and my best friends brother die from getting the $hit beat out of him.

I don’t like the taste of alcohol, can’t stand the smell of anything people smoke and the first time I saw someone snort cocaine repulsed me. However, in my late teens to around age 25, I hung with kids who were car guys, but did all that on weekends. A lot of not so lighthearted ribbing came my way, but I eventually saw that they were going nowhere and I dropped them. Now, all these years later, I can see that I missed nothing being like them. Later, I found out that a couple turned into full fledged alcoholics.

My Elvis (named after the big guy)
Elvis 6-3-2018 3 years old #1.JPG

The King of Rock & Roll
Elvis

Elvis Happy Birthday Dance.gif

I don’t like the taste of alcohol, can’t stand the smell of anything people smoke and the first time I saw someone snort cocaine repulsed me. However, in my late teens to around age 25, I hung with kids who were car guys, but did all that on weekends. A lot of not so lighthearted ribbing came my way, but I eventually saw that they were going nowhere and I dropped them. Now, all these years later, I can see that I missed nothing being like them. Later, I found out that a couple turned into full fledged alcoholics.
I'll chug beer :drinks: with the best of them, that's it. While I was playing sports, music, or playing with cars, kids who were friends before, were now strung out laying in factory doorways with needle tracks up their arms from shooting-up heroin, popping uppers and downers, sniffing glue, etc. I observed all this go on routinely. Most of you here probably don't have an idea of what I grew up in. Growing up with your fists was a prerequisite, as well.

He's still pumping fuel at a Union 76 up in WI.
Remember getting the news on Elvis driving back from my brother’s place 70 miles away, heard through my CB radio – truckers chatting on it. Turned on the radio hearing non-stop Elvis tunes.

BUT – heard long ago he wasn’t deceased, residing in a garage in Michigan…nothing about Wisconsin; where have I been? It made total sense to me – fake death, leaving Graceland and all the bling to go live in a – garage in MI.

The King of Rock and Roll for sure. He is constantly loved by all generations.

My wife and I are 14 and 12 years younger than Elvis. She grew up and still to this day is madly in love with the King. She always told me that the only man she would cheat on me with is Elvis. So, when He died, I was glad. It took that possibility off the table. Happily married to her still, going on 56 years in Feb. So, I'm happy to say that I came in 2nd place to Elvis, at least with one woman.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back