• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy Canada Day!

Canada Day celebrates the day that Canada was incorporated as a country on July 1, 1867. It was previously a colony of Great Britain, made up of territories, with little formal structure.

What exactly does July 4th represent to you....
Canada Day celebrates the day that Canada was incorporated as a country on July 1, 1867. It was previously a colony of Great Britain, made up of territories, with little formal structure.
Okay thanks Dave. I wasn't assuming anything since I know you had France to deal with as well....thanks

That’s a good question. I always just assumed it celebrates becoming a separate country from Britain. Or perhaps just a day to celebrate, period. I will research it further.
But here’s something. We are truly multicultural in the territory. Besides having aboriginal stuff hammered on us constantly because it is currently politically correct, we have many immigrants here. Most of our friends are some other colour than white. In the parade was a huge contingent of Philippinos. They literally are the biggest supporters of our community. They contribute to every cause imaginable. Our closest friends are from Jamaica. Others are from Mexico. Our houseguest is from China. I bet they can answer your question, but I can’t. That’s a sobering thought.

Actually, July 4th means my parts won't ship from the states !!

Okay help me out here guys (becuase I'm not googling jacksquat)... what exactly does Canada Day represent?
Similar to July the forth.
It is our equivalent day to Independence Day.
It used to be called Dominion Day at one time. Hope this is clear enough. I have forgotten what year it was changed to Canada Day.

I have many aboriginal friends and coworkers. Some can banter and joke about things, some can’t.
One of the ones that can take it was teasing me about whitey coming and taking their land.
I replied that we didn’t take it, we traded. They gave us the land and we gave them tuberculosis and the flu.

Similar to July the forth.
It is our equivalent day to Independence Day.
It used to be called Dominion Day at one time. Hope this is clear enough. I have forgotten what year it was changed to Canada Day.
Thanks. The guys educated me earlier, that it had to do with the British..I wasn't sure since the Frenchys also laid claim to quite a bit up there!

I have many aboriginal friends and coworkers. Some can banter and joke about things, some can’t.
One of the ones that can take it was teasing me about whitey coming and taking their land.
I replied that we didn’t take it, we traded. They gave us the land and we gave them tuberculosis and the flu.
They also gave us tobacco in return, which causes cancer.

This is pushing’ it, but I’ll try!
Happy Canada Day!

3AD0F115-2CE3-4AC9-93CB-DA72BF6B32B9.jpeg

candian edited.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Canada Day to my Mopar brothers up North!
Now please get back to work on those fires up there.
You're smoking us out here in Pittsburgh - FFS!

Frenchies have nothing but two Islands off of Nova Scotia
Really, which two would they be - 'cause if you mean St. Pierre and Miquelon you should probably open your geography book again! PEI would take offense at being considered "French" and Newfoundland would take offense at being considered "Nova Scotia" !

Auto Transport Service
Back