• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harbor freight towable backhoe review.

Yeah, I know about that mod and intended to do it in the spring. All I'm using it for over the winter is to tip my round bales over as I use them up and go to the next bale and need it laying flat on a pallet. They ae all in a row and easy to get to. I'll be modifying it in the spring, but thanks!

Post #2, 2nd pic down.. right behind the engine, is that not a Reese type hitch? If it is.. hooking to an atv should be easy..

I’ve got a Reese hitch on my 2001 Honda 450 es. Works great.. Kolpin makes them and they bolt right on. I use all kinds black boar attachments in the woods, so might be easier than thought? Moving with an atv should be easy... using an atv to get into a remote situation could work...My thought would be would the atv be heavy enough to give support when you need leverage for digging out a stubborn rock or stump? That’s certainly what I would use that back hoe for!! I definitely like the looks of it..
I also use my quad for towing various things, like a dump trailer, a larger regular steel trailer, and the backhoe. But with the backhoe, there is a danger of hitting the engine when you make a very sharp turn, so I added and extension to the standard receiver. Now, lots or room.

Quad Hitch Extension 1.jpg

A few more suggestions for the backhoe ? There are 2 different types of grease fittings, Zerk and flush. Flush fittings can be done with a Stens 705-822, and/or a needle fitting like the Lincoln 5803. I suggest you get an Hour Meter from eBay, costs about $7.00, uses inductive pickup to tell you engine hours. Or, you can get an hour meter/tach combo for about $12.00. When it comes time to replace the hydraulic fluid filter, you can use a Volkswagen Filter, 06A 115 561B. Wix cross reference 51342, Fram 2870A. Also, to get a significant increase in fluid flow from the OEM 2.7gpm pump, replace the fluid line that goes from the tank to the control panel. The I.D. of the OEM line is 1/4", replace with 5/16", you may have to use SAE to metric adapters but it's well worth it for a speed increase ! See comparison in picture. Hope the backhoe is treating you well.

Grease Fitting Stens 705-822.jpg Grease Fitting Lincoln 5803.jpg HF Hose 6 change to 5-16 inch.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back