• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hard to believe the price difference

I don’t like your thread title.
Having a higher price on an item than a competitor is not ripping people off.
Shop around for goodness sake’s.

I agree. In spirit, a "rip off" is an intentional offense by a vendor to grossly overcharge when a buyer has no choice.
This is not that by any measure.
This is Capitalism at work. There are alternative vendors to buy from. If Summit notices a drop off in sales to competitors due to pricing, they will lower their prices if they can do so without losing money.

I don’t care if you like it or not honestly
Comments like this will not get anyone here on your side. In fact, the entire theme of your rants smack of victim mentality where the afflicted is often under the incorrect assumption that businesses are evil, everyone is out to get them, they never get treated fairly, etc.

1 FPP.JPG

Unless.you do a full comparison of every part these vendors sell you can't tell for sure.
Some vendors will have a "loss leader" product that they sell at cost or very small margin, but then make the money back a small bit at a time on the other products you need or tend to buy at the same time e.g. the pistons are cheaper but then the rings are slightly more than other vendors.
To compare one product and come up with your assumption on Summit is bullshit.
I agree. I had to do a rear brake job on daughters car. I needed rotors, pads & a caliper. My local Napa had pads & caliper close to same price as Rock Auto, but rotors were double. So even with shipping Rock Auto was cheaper

Sometimes they ship free.
Really? That is my biggest issue with Mancini and why I only buy what I have to from them. Their shipping prices have always been way on the high side. Maybe they have changed that though as I haven't bought anything from them for a couple of years.

I don't think that they are the same pistons?. Mancini's is "stock style" ( made from 4032 aluminum) and Summit's is the premium Icon( made from 2618 aluminum) with CNC valve,crown features and skirt and pin boss struts. There is also the Icon "Elite" series which is coated and cost more than the Premiums.

Mancini is local to me. One hour round trip. Most of the time I deal with Summit. Mancini "not in stock" with no arival date can be frustrating. I'm cheap. Shop around. Summit will always price match. Many times shipments arive with-in 24hrs or less. Never an issue with returns. Never had a bad experience with either place . For what it's worth. Nobody is selling this part number piston for less than $750. Does Mancini even have them in stock? Is the price a typo?
Doug

I only buy from Mancini when I have to. Mopar knowledgeable but they can be rude sometimes but not as bad as the old owners of Indy. Those bastards left such a bad taste in my mouth just to hear the name Indy makes me sick to my stomach.

Last edited:
Buy from whoever you choose. Mancini has the best price, buy from them. Summit lost out on this sale. Who knows why their price is so far out of whack. May be just a typo. No one is "ripping you off". It's your choice on where to buy.

Nobody is selling this part number piston for less than $750. Does Mancini even have them in stock? Is the price a typo?
Doug
The answer to this might put a whole new light on this complaint.

On a serious note, I thought about the discussed term "RIP OFF" here. Interestingly, I came up with these definitions: [ 1) The meaning of RIP-OFF is an act or instance of stealing : theft; also : a financial exploitation. 2) an act of cheating someone by charging too much or not giving anything of value for money 3) A rip-off is when someone deliberately overcharges for something they're selling, or steals someone else's idea. 4) . to cheat someone, especially by charging them too much money for something. ] I guess it depends on the source as to what describes it ? OR >
1677942816347.jpeg
( sorry, I couldn't remain serious... )

I don't think that they are the same pistons?. Mancini's is "stock style" ( made from 4032 aluminum) and Summit's is the premium Icon( made from 2618 aluminum) with CNC valve,crown features and skirt and pin boss struts. There is also the Icon "Elite" series which is coated and cost more than the Premiums.
They are the same piston. Same part number. The word “stock” means it’s a stocked off the shelf piston and not a special order. Both are IC826 pistons. Both are 2618 forged. One is just $300 higher on the price

We have bought quite a few Icon pistons. Before you get all excited either way on this, make sure Mancini has your pistons. Judging by the time line this thread was started, Mancini has not looked at this order, talked to anyone yet, or been able to reply yet whether they have those pistons in stock. They have an old price listed for their Icon pistons, probably because they bought a batch of them and will keep that price until they sell out of them. Then the price will go up like everything else has. I bought a set of Icon pistons with RINGS for $535 about 2 years ago! The same timing now is hovering at around a grand. Inflation drove the price up pretty quickly on pistons. The price seems to mostly depend on when companies filled there stocking orders. 440 source is about $700 for icons. Cheaper than summit also. If mancini can’t get them, try them next.

Last edited:
I went to order them today and it was shocking how Summit is ripping people off that don’t do their research.

The only person ripping you off is yourself by not doing price shopping for the best deal! Suck it up and move on!

There are the links for you to look for yourselves.
Honestly i wasn't sure if they were the same ones or not, that's why I put the ? in my responce. I was only pointing out that there are a couple of different ones . If they are 100 percent the same, grab 'em before their gone at that price point and good on you for pricing around.:thumbsup:

Mancini's site is garbage. They might (MIGHT!) be cheaper than summit or jegs on the pistons i need, but I can't find them.
I need Icon IC843, plus .030. Type in that at summit, I get the pistons I want, with or without rings, two choices.
On Mancini's site , I get eleven choices, NONE of which is the RIGHT piston.
I haven't tried Jegs yet. Their site is worse than Mancici's, and now owned by somebody other than the Jegs family. I doubt they are any cheaper.

Edit. Just checked Jegs. My part came up instantly (kinda shocked, honestly) and only $8 bucks more than Summit. $822.

Last edited:
Mancini's site is garbage. They might (MIGHT!) be cheaper than summit or jegs on the pistons i need, but I can't find them.
I need Icon IC843, plus .030. Type in that at summit, I get the pistons I want, with or without rings, two choices.
On Mancini's site , I get eleven choices, NONE of which is the RIGHT piston.
I haven't tried Jegs yet. Their site is worse than Mancici's, and now owned by somebody other than the Jegs family. I doubt they are any cheaper.

Edit. Just checked Jegs. My part came up instantly (kinda shocked, honestly) and only $8 bucks more than Summit. $822.
We sell the IC843-030. Our part number for it is 5036. We have multiple sets on the shelf, ready to ship within minutes. Our price is currently $699. Both Summit and Jegs are north of $800. Mancini's price is very low, they likely have very old stock, if they actually have them in stock. If you can get them for that price, it's a good deal. Remember, it's easy to advertise any price (low or high) when you don't actually have the item available. Even with large companies (think Comp, Edelbrock, ARP, etc.) we are seeing some orders taking 14-18 months to come in.

Auto Transport Service
Back