• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hard to believe the price difference

I would call Mancini on the phone and get them for that price if you can! I know some things
are a challenge to find on Mancini's site, but dollars is dollars!

disclaimer;
Again I have nothing against Mancini Racing
I've been buying from them for a long long time

a 0.030" over 4.350" bore
is far more common than a 0.040" over 4.360" bore
especially in a stroker combo
not sure the breakdown of prices
(doesn't matter if they will price match)

(think that's hard to find, or prices all over the map
try & look for a 4.290", 0.040" overbore with -6cc (-8cc) valve reliefs/flat tops
with a near-zero deck in a B-engine (don't remember Comp Height ?)
for a 4.15" stroke, 6.358 (6.4") short Rod, 383 B engine,
not many I've found, especially in stock & when you do find them
it's back ordered or 6+ months to a year or more lead time
)

I like to support the lil' guy too,
& I try to shop local when I can
Mancini is far from local to me...
I don't mind as long as I'm not waiting forever
or overcharged on shipping
especially if you need it now, not weeks from now

But;
if you need a 0.40" over now,
not the far more common 0.030" (most people stock)
than it's worth the extra $$$ for the needed 0.040" piston
& have it shipped tomorrow, for free
especially if it's not in stock in/on the other places
or even if it's listed on other sites

(bait & switch (?) marketing 101 to get people to buy, then have to wait
for a month or more to actually ship & get them, when they can fill a min. order
)

if you need a certain bob-weight, rod & piston combined too,
(specific piston weights) can be time-consuming
or expensive to have someone else do it @ $120 shop rate
you may want to check that out
they can vary vastly, even within the same brand
(upto or more, 10 grams + or - on the lower $$$ stuff)

happens all the time

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

& a special thanks to :thumbsup:
We sell the IC843-030. Our part number for it is 5036. We have multiple sets on the shelf, ready to ship within minutes. Our price is currently $699. Both Summit and Jegs are north of $800. Mancini's price is very low, they likely have very old stock, if they actually have them in stock. If you can get them for that price, it's a good deal. Remember, it's easy to advertise any price (low or high) when you don't actually have the item available. Even with large companies (think Comp, Edelbrock, ARP, etc.) we are seeing some orders taking 14-18 months to come in.
thank you

Last edited:
I'll throw in my .02
This is a shitty time to build a motor.
Used to be "think of something you need or want" and it's on your doorstep the next day or that week.
I'll be thrilled if it's built and shipped to me in time to get it under my hood by October for Cruisin the Coast!

Just for giggles, tried Mancini site again. Narrowed search down to engine parts/b,rb/pistons. Put in IC843, got eleven results again, this time not a piston of ANY sort among them.
Without narrowing results, Icon IC843.030 piston (do I need to be MORE specific?) brought 559 results. Really.?
I don't know if I'm curious enough to actually use a phone. I know I can get em from 440 source.

I bought new rockers from them in january.. i'm curious if they will be awesome if i want to exchange them for the pushrod oiling ones :)

Call them!
Really - a whole week gone by and no one has apparently called Mancini to actually check this out. Mancini is one of the few places I actually pick up the phone to call as they always have answered immediately and they have usually got my orders out the same day unless I called late. So far they have never put me on hold listening to elevator music for 20 minutes like a lot of places. Now I’m not a huge volume buyer so I may be the exception but a call could quickly sort this out.

Really - a whole week gone by and no one has apparently called Mancini to actually check this out. Mancini is one of the few places I actually pick up the phone to call as they always have answered immediately and they have usually got my orders out the same day unless I called late. So far they have never put me on hold listening to elevator music for 20 minutes like a lot of places. Now I’m not a huge volume buyer so I may be the exception but a call could quickly sort this out.
They are about 10 miles from me and i used to deal with them a lot (building my challenger i would go into their old shop on groesbeck and hand them my paycheck for parts and change (no joke) They have always been great to deal with.

New pistons came today. I ordered them late Friday so the order wouldn’t have been placed until Monday. So basically it took a week to get them but I got them for over $300 less than Summit or Jegs. I will take that trade off any time. Nice looking bullets

52513114-DC81-48A2-8D96-40A7B8B8A470.jpeg

2FA05D54-AC8C-4B3D-961B-71483AB69D02.jpeg

9F180840-2FCC-45DA-B5B0-1F87E8D913D8.jpeg

CB63FBB4-E58E-42B5-BF55-DD41FDE4D9C4.jpeg

31CAC299-D659-44DF-819D-07269D52516B.jpeg

F0F81BFB-268D-4AF2-B59A-582DFBD371FA.jpeg

New pistons came today. I ordered them late Friday so the order wouldn’t have been placed until Monday. So basically it took a week to get them but I got them for over $300 less than Summit or Jegs. I will take that trade off any time. Nice looking bullets

View attachment 1433085

View attachment 1433086

View attachment 1433087

View attachment 1433088

View attachment 1433089

View attachment 1433090
I will say, their shipping is impressive.. i ordered a pile of parts late on a friday (like 3:30) and i had them on monday... i did not expect them to even ship til mon-tues...

i would go into their old shop on groesbeck and hand them my paycheck for parts and change (no joke) They have always been great to deal with.
You sir are a hardcore car guy. Seriously.

You sir are a hardcore car guy. Seriously.
It's funny how things change... back then i used to try to get money out of my pocket, couldn't spend it fast enough.. Now i have more money than i thought i ever would (not a lot.. but not bad) and i hold onto it to the point where i figure how to make meals cheaper.. WTF is that bullshit? I think growing up super broke messes your brain up forever :)

View attachment 1433085

View attachment 1433086

View attachment 1433087

View attachment 1433088

View attachment 1433089

View attachment 1433090
Congrats! No bargains like that on the pistons I want, unfortunately.

Guess I should be glad I bought them when I did. They are not $541.99 any longer but that’s what I got mine for so it’s all good. I’m glad they honored their advertised price and they were shipped quick. That’s the sort of thing that will make me buy more from Mancini going forward.
DC393D25-BEF3-4B5E-BAA7-19752776F30C.png

Auto Transport Service
Back