• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hardtop vs. SE

I see rear roll down window gaskets in that pic, no?

Head restraints are missing on that awfully puffy seat...

Looks like dash emblem says "Charger" and not "Charger SE"

As far I know, fixed glasses got same hardtop setup everywhere including weatherstrips and gaskets, but regulators... thats all. Without check for the window crank absence ( or power windows buttons ) you can't tell from the distance is a hardtop or coupe.

This car is ( or must be ) WH23 so roll down quarter glass thought due the woodgrained finish everywhere

Ok well whatever the gauge cluster is I apparently own three of them. Looking at the trunk pic there are two more faces in the box in the trunk.

As far I know, fixed glasses got same hardtop setup everywhere including weatherstrips and gaskets, but regulators... thats all. Without check for the window crank absence ( or power windows buttons ) you can't tell from the distance is a hardtop or coupe.

This car is ( or must be ) WH23 so roll down quarter glass thought due the woodgrained finish everywhere

It is for sure a WH23 car. I have the VIN just didn’t understand the differences in the SE. I’m happy it isn’t an SE, there is no way I would ever want the quarter windows to not roll down.

It is for sure a WH23 car. I have the VIN just didn’t understand the differences in the SE. I’m happy it isn’t an SE, there is no way I would ever want the quarter windows to not roll down.

Sure, and not just the non roll down window setup ( except for those uncommon SEs with them ) but also opera windows kind like a ship bulleye window, or airplane windows.

And thats why I love on 73/74s over 71/72 even these still being roll down quarter windows... the bigger opening on rear to clarity, visibility and air againts the smaller opening on 71/72s

Last edited:
Yea, the 12/72 Charger quarter window area is definitely a love or have styling feature.

So is the 73/74 SE window. I do kinda like the "non-standard" vinyl top trim curves around making a kind of "reverse landau" statement.

is it a 71?

Almost always an exception.

I was just wondering if SE cars with halo roof options were still "29" body styles.

WP23 is 500, while WP29 is still SE even on 71. No WP23 since 72 anymore, just 3 dif VIN codes. 71s got 5: R/T, 500, SB, Hardtop, and SE. 71s didn't got a VIN for coupes but a fender tag code on Hardtops for the fixed quarter glasses

its nice to see if the bulged hood was added, is even the correct one for the year, 73! Every 71/74 got hood differences ( no matter if bulged or flat ) what can tell you the hood year and this is the rear grill setup. Your car got the correct 73 piece.

Sometimes you can see some clones with incorrect year hood. Not a big deal, but just about correctnes

BAF584AB-7DB7-4E80-B780-10904AA521FA.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back