• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

harness issue

sleger

Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
Hello all. I am having an issue installing my new dash harness. The one I took out of my 68 roadrunner has a round bulk head connector on it. And the new harness is rectangular. I talked to techs at both yearone and classic industries and they both are telling me that my car never came with a round connector. Has any one here ran Into this issue. Thanks for your help.

If you are talking about the plug that goes onto the circuit board, the Road Runners had the standard dash which had the round connector. Cars with the rallye dash used a rectangle connector. All the bulkhead connector plugs should be rectangular for either dash.

Ya it is the multi-pin connector that connect to the gauge cluster. The bulkhead goes on the firewall and yes they are right, your car never had a round bulkhead.
Sounds like they sent you a Rallye dash harness, not a standard one.

thanks guys i will be calling them in the am, i will let you know how it turns out

thanks that was the issue classic industries sent me a rallye dash harness, just ordered one from year one thanks

Hunt and MoparMark . . . you guys amaze me every time you have these answers for questions like this - I got to Thank both of you for being a part of this forum ! You help out a bunch of people with all your vast knowledge. Someday I'm sure you'll be helping me answer one of my questions.

Thanks Guys !

Auto Transport Service
Back