• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

harness question

Hemi Rebel

Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
What would anyone expect to pay for a 5.7 engine harness? 2005 truck harness. I just picked one up to use for my future 3g project.

A factory harness or aftermarket for a swap?

I wouldn't go more than 150ish, and be prepared to spend HOURS in taking out the stuff you wont need vs. spending 1k on a harness ready to go.

Ok. So I did pretty good then getting mine for 30 bucks. I've done similar wiring harness mods before with less info to go on and1k bucks just isn't an option for me right now. Maybe when I finally get around to the project it may be in the cards. Still probably modify th one I got.

Sounds like a great deal ! ! So, my next question, you know how to modify them so that they'll work ?

I've got a 5.7L Hemi from a 2004 Magnum - it has (2) computers, one for the engine, one for the trans. I'm putting in a Tremec 5-speed . . .

I agree . . . the $1000 cost does seem a bit much . . . I'm tempted to try and modify it myself - if I mess up and have to but the new one - oh well ? ? ?

05? Magnum. No such beast on 04. The biggest thing is knowing where all the wires go. I have access to all the factory wiring diagrams. Do you plan on using the factory pcm?

Auto Transport Service
Back