• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone fabricated or modified headers for 318 poly in stock B body?

Forgot to add the kickdown linkage is the stock 2 bbl. I just had to make a few bends(Tweeks really) to make it work.

I joined forum to pass on an old piece of info. I searched to see if it was mainstream knowledge but didn't find any evidence. It was said in the past that the Ford FE exhaust bolt and port pattern was virtually identical to the poly exhaust pattern. I drive truck over the road and cannot verify this but maybe someone could go to the parts house and compare exhaust gaskets. I believe you'll find a match. dan...

I've done the research on this but not sure if I'm missing something. The TTI ones are too expensive and also they are bigger tube diameter (1 7/8") than I want. I've Seen a few messages on the poly 318 yahoo group but they are minimal, no finished stories or pictures that I could find. Haven't found much on here excpet people saying its too much trouble.

I'm leaning toward this options. I hear the new 1990's 5.7 L gen 3 hemi headers have identical port spacing (the flanges could be cut out and replaced with proper ones) They would fit on the head. But my questions are would they clear the power steering pump? That's seems like my biggest clearance obstacle but I haven't heard much mention of that. It seems people mainly worry about clearing the motor mounts and oil filter. Do people even attempt this in the b body ? Or do the people who try this have early poly pickup trucks with more clearance? Was thinking of trying these. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/psm-70-1374/make/dodge

Or if I become convinced the modification avenue is impossible I may try to make some that will fit from scratch with 1 1/2 or 1 5/8 tube. I don't even care if they are a little funky as long as it's an improvement from stock manifold. Does anyone know more about this picture I found online? Seems like someone made some... question is do they fit? If so I'd probably try to copy them.
View attachment 678776
OK Evan, What did you end up doing for headers? I just recently got a '63 Dodge 330 & wanted to "play" a bit with her. I'too, found those overhead header for the newer Hemi, the ones I saw were for installing turbos, but came right along the valve covers then a "droop" at the back.

Auto Transport Service
Back