• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone used Instrument Specialties to restore their dash?

Actual turn around times?

Actual turn around times?
Dennis

I used IS......

My turnaround time for the cluster was around 6 months.....

Price was around 1200 for the cluster...they did my whole dash and I assembled everything....I prefer to assemble my own stuff and that was by my choice.....

Justin

Thanks all. This is only on the calendar because the M&H wiring kit needs to go in as I'm concerned about a fire. This is my only classic Mopar. I can't have it down that long. Plan to re plumb the ac with factory pad and vents as a fortune was spent to get them. I'm gonna shop around for competent less-busy shops. 2-3 or even 4 weeks is acceptable.

IMG_1006.PNG
How about this?

I did this one for my 66 Belvedere,Chrome tech usa did the plastic chrome and polished the lens.had the frame soda blasted and painted by a shop.turned out pretty good
20170901_193950.jpg

Instrument Specialties did mine. Takes awhile, but worth the wait.

202619_462222000500794_558365216_o.jpg

It is a great article and Mike is very VERY trustworthy. A Fantastic operation in my opinion. :moparsmiley::usflag:
I can speak the same for that from my own personal experiences with him and his company.....

They did my complete 62 SFury dash
Excellent work but the first quote was over $8000 and 12 months lead time. I sourced all the outside
parts myself for much less, They only do the paint and assembly in house,Final under $5000 ,14 mos
Stay and top and ask questions weekly

Just send off my dash (Ralleye, 69 bee) and steering column to instrument specialties. He said once they induct the parts they would call and let me know the timeline. A guessimate off the pictures i sent him I was quoted $5k for the dash. For those interested I used Uship to ship it from FL to RI and it was cheaper than I thought.

Just send off my dash (Ralleye, 69 bee) and steering column to instrument specialties. He said once they induct the parts they would call and let me know the timeline. A guessimate off the pictures i sent him I was quoted $5k for the dash. For those interested I used Uship to ship it from FL to RI and it was cheaper than I thought.
Just expect the timeline Thomas gives to add 3 months to that.......The price will fluctuate....Make absolutely sure to communicate what you want done via email exactly to your expectations.

Best of luck and in the end you will be pleased with the workmanship.......Just don't settle for less. If not happy, call him up and send it back....

Are you shitting me, 5k for dash!

Wow! That’s damned expensive!

Wow! That’s damned expensive!
You also have to factor as to what car these dashes are typically going into.......not your average drivers/restorations.......

If the complete build cost for a concours Hemi cuda is around 200k.....whats 5k for a car worth a million bucks......

Now if a person is paying 5k for an average car with a loss in the overall build.....than thats a personal choice and the fact they only have to lift a finger to install it or have a shop install it for them......

I bet IS has a 6 month back log.......they get the business.....

IMHO I would have IS only paint the frame and dye the pads.......

So GYC cars get their dashes restored, but they sure aren’t $1M dollar cars. Sorry, 5-6k to restore a dash is like someone pissing on ya and calling it rain.

I don't know how much time these guys spend. It would be a good alternative for low buck driver quality guys like me to get the whole gig done for about 2k in about 2 weeks. Does not have to be concours. The rest of the car certainly isn't.

So GYC cars get their dashes restored, but they sure aren’t $1M dollar cars. Sorry, 5-6k to restore a dash is like someone pissing on ya and calling it rain.
Thats your choice and how you restore your cars......Not all people can perform the skills, do not have the tools and time to mess around with this stuff.....

Why bag on people that do things differently? It is not your money your spending, right?

AS far as GYC goes......free advertising and volume gets them a specific price range....That in turn increases profitability in the builds they use IS for......They do not have to pay for labor, materials and time lost........They get the complete unit back and pop it in and do the hook ups.....Time is money and especially when you have a back log........

Auto Transport Service
Back