• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has this ever happened to you with your significant other?

:lol:
Nope
not for about 20+ years now...

My wife just did that to me a few days ago. She let out a gasp when she saw the moon rising. I thought someone was about to t-bone us or something. I damn near drove off the road. And it wasn't the first time.

Last edited:
Has this ever happened to you with your significant other?
The "gasp" followed by the reaction on my part, sure - just not over cell phone crap...

We had a talk right then, in which I reminded her that by the time she noticed a possible
situation on the road, I'd already processed it and either made provision or dismissed it.
The implication of my words to her were something like "shaddap and enjoy the ride - or the
impending wreck - because you can't stop it either way"
. :thumbsup:

I have probably had three months of drivers training in my life time. None of it prepared me for a wife in the vehicle. Is there such a thing as copilot training for spouses?

I have probably had three months of drivers training in my life time. None of it prepared me for a wife in the vehicle. Is there such a thing as copilot training for spouses?

No. Spouse scares husband and gets in a wreck, insurance gets to raise your rate, more $$$$ for them & it levels the male/female accident stastistics for several "reasons" (trying to keep politics from this, but "read into it"). Besides, marriages are becoming "obsolete" so not cost effective. :D Just a thought

The summer response to the "Gasp", is "oh, is my dick hanging out of my shorts"?

No. Wife is a former cop. She doesn't mess around in a moving vehicle. It's like she's on a never ending patrol. Always paying attention. One eye on my speedo and the other on everything else.

My mother, God love her, use to push on the floor in the front passengers seat like she was putting on the brakes when she was with me. From sixteen till the last ride in my Coronet. I've had a few cars in my life and I drove her anywhere she wanted, but she really like the Coronet, so off we went many times. Those are the things that makes my car priceless.

My mother, God love her, use to push on the floor in the front passengers seat like she was putting on the brakes when she was with me. From sixteen till the last ride in my Coronet. I've had a few cars in my life and I drove her anywhere she wanted, but she really like the Coronet, so off we went many times. Those are the things that makes my car priceless.
My school had driver training when I was 15... The passenger side had a brake on the floor for the instructor..... Yes, he used it with me at least once.... I was checking out some babes walking......
This is back when school taxes went to pay for GOOD and USABLE classes.....

My mom passed on at an early age so I missed all of that but my first wife hated anything to do with hot rodding or driving fast but she liked to sleep in the car. One time when going to see my dad and step mom, in the next state over, she went to sleep so that was my opportunity to push the 70 383 Challenger with 2.94 gears a little bit. Yeah, I pulled out the 3.23's lol. This was in about 83-84 so it was still just a car but a nice one still and it was used mostly on the highway. She woke up after a good while and knew we were probably going pretty fast so she leaned over to take a look but still couldn't see where the needle was so she leaned over some more....then more and enough to see the needle was way over there. That's where she started freaking out and I just told her now is not the time to be freaking out and to just stay calm. I did slow down to at least 85 though just to shut her up. 85 for her was still too fast but she had to live with it.

My school had driver training when I was 15... The passenger side had a brake on the floor for the instructor..... Yes, he used it with me at least once.... I was checking out some babes walking......
This is back when school taxes went to pay for GOOD and USABLE classes.....
I'm thinking 15 for our driver's ed too....because we had a 67 Belvedere as a training car and I didn't turn 16 until May of 67. Anyways, it also had a brake pedal on the passenger side too. Dad had a 66 Belvedere 4 door so I was pretty familiar with the size already and it was a breeze and boring having to ride in the back when it was someone else's turn behind the wheel....and sometimes scary. It might be where I got my 'if I can't drive, I'm not going' phobia lol My instructor also used the brake with me a time or two while going down a 70mph country road and he thought I was going too fast for a curve that was marked 50 in yellow. I might have been going 60 which is still well within reason. Just kind of gave him the 'side eye' lol

I was sixteen and driving when I took driver's ed. I did it to lower the premiums on my insurance, as told to me by my insurance agent. The instructor would have everyone drive first and let me drive to the icecream store and back to school, icecream and all in hand.
He was a pretty good old boy.

Driver's ed class room instruction only: dad was a tanker truck driver at the time, he taught me; passed driving exam, aced it, passed test 1st time, in my POS 1972 Pinto Runabout with a lawnmower blade holding drivers seat in place :lol:

Saw one of those America's funniest home video shows,and the guy sets up his phone,while the wife is sleeping in the passengers seat. He says,"watch this". He is behind a tow truck,that was towing the tractor of a semi truck backwards. He hits the brakes,yells out "OH MY GOD" she wakes up to what appears to be a semi truck coming right at them! She reacted like anyone would with about two seconds to live! I was like,wow that's mean! He bursts out laughing at her!

Saw that video, TOO DAMN FUNNY!! She better have cleaned the seat and changed her panties!!

My mom had her own R/T SE,It was tough trying to hang,when mom's car was better than mine!
2q4324.sized.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back